Hacking Acekard 2i with akaio has been deleting my save files since I bought i

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Occasionally I will go to play a game and then my save file is gone, on the card the file appears to be there but nothing comes up in game. This has happened twice with Starfy and twice with Fossil Fighters and once on two other first party games, is this something common because I've looked around and I couldn't find anyone with this specific issue. Please, any light that could be shed on this would be appreciated.

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an AK2.1, not AK2i, but this has been happening to me as well. Not quite sure what happened or what caused it. One time, though, after creating multiple new saves on a game, I loaded it up to find that my original save was back, but then was gone again the next time I played. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
You've probably messed with the settings, changed the save slot to load from, or wiped over your save.

AKAIO doesn't just go around randomly wiping save files.

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be rude but I'm not some idiot, I haven't touched with any settings or files and I certainly couldn't have written over it. And even still what kind of setting is there that makes you lose all of you first party titles saves constantly.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
You're using the same hardware and software as everyone else. The only difference is you, so therefor the problem is the user.

If you've not done anything by mistake, try format your SD and download a fresh copy of AKAIO just to be sure.

blakejohnson86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this in particular when the name of a ROM has an apostrophe ( ' ) in it. Probably a programming error forgetting to escape an apostrophe.

ts.salvador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually I've had that problem as well. Only solution I found is to format the card with the panasonic tool and constantly backup the saves. Sometimes it appears as the microsd file system "corrupts" itself.

lucifon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
You're using the same hardware and software as everyone else. The only difference is you, so therefor the problem is the user.

If you've not done anything by mistake, try format your SD and download a fresh copy of AKAIO just to be sure.

I've also encountered this where I lost the save for just 1 game, my others were fine but a game I had been playing for quite a good few hours had its save wiped. I also did not mess with any settings.

Just because you personally havn't had a bug doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that the user is to blame, said bug could also be a rare one too.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could be related to the save type. It works like this:

Press Y to check the details on a highlighted rom. If it says the save type is unknown, then it has to detect this next time you run the game. Whatever save file you have won't be loaded, and when you exit/restart the DS it's going to dump the new data over your old, in effect deleting it.

Save file data is stored in those savelist files. If these get deleted or overwritten perhaps when changing versions, then you'll need to backup your saves before launching the game again. That's one possible scenario. Those of you experiencing it need to be the ones experimenting and report something more specific like reproducible circumstances.

Pfft

Trophies
XP
Country
...mine were just wiped 20 minutes ago, weird how GTA, pokemon SS/HG, mini ninjas, FFCC echoes of time and prof layton 2 are wiped but scribble naughts, drawn to life 2 and kingdom hearts 2 werent wiped...ive also had the same thing happen on the R4...and the same game (GTA) was wiped (different micro sd cards)...maybe its a backup backup anti piracy thing...

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This has happened to me also, I've been using the latest AKAIO since it was released and I've noticed my games saves aren't coming up in game, but are on my SD card.
Scribblenauts, Peggle, New Super Mario Bros., all do it and there are a few more games.
Is there anyway to deter this?
And yes I have reformatted my card with panasonic.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found that in the AKAIO Wiki

QUOTE said:
* My official firmware .nds.sav files do not load on AKAIO, how can I fix this?

Prior to v.4.14 of the official firmware, all save files used the .nds.sav extension. Users who upgraded to the far superior AKAIO are often confused as to why their save files will not work. AKAIO maintains backwards compatibility with the official firmware, and as a result contains an option for save extensions. Users can set the option to save/load files ending in .nds.sav or .sav. The default behavior of AKAIO is to use .sav, however, if your saves use the other extension you will either need to change them or adjust your AKAIO settings accordingly.

To convert your save files to the new settings within AKAIO simple set the file view to NDS + SAV, the save extension to .nds.sav/.sav, highlight the save file and press Y, finally in the properties box click "Save Ext."

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* My official firmware .nds.sav files do not load on AKAIO, how can I fix this?

Prior to v.4.14 of the official firmware, all save files used the .nds.sav extension. Users who upgraded to the far superior AKAIO are often confused as to why their save files will not work. AKAIO maintains backwards compatibility with the official firmware, and as a result contains an option for save extensions. Users can set the option to save/load files ending in .nds.sav or .sav. The default behavior of AKAIO is to use .sav, however, if your saves use the other extension you will either need to change them or adjust your AKAIO settings accordingly.

To convert your save files to the new settings within AKAIO simple set the file view to NDS + SAV, the save extension to .nds.sav/.sav, highlight the save file and press Y, finally in the properties box click "Save Ext."

also make sure that the sav slot is the same one that corrospnds to ur sav file because sometimes it can randomly change

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife