Hacking Acekard 2i for DSi using a DSL Please advise!

neildunne

Being friendly and helpful costs nothing
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, im sorry for being a pain but could you please advise on the setup of an Acekard 2i for a DSi, using a DSL. I have read various posts on doing this but am still a little unsure on the EXACT process. I have ordered 2 Acekard 2i, one for my daughters DSL and the other for my sons DSi. My sons DSi is already on firmware 4.1E so i beleive to get the card working in sons DSi i will have to use my daughters DSL. I know i have to download the official Acekard 4.21 firmware for the Card and place all the files from this folder on the card. This is where i loose it a little, i have downloaded a zip file containing two files, one called ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds and the other called ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds . Which one do i place on the Acekard 2i with the Acekard firmware to put into the DSL to set it up for my sons DSi? Sorry for being so long winded but i just want to explain in detail what i think i should be doing (im a bit out of touch at 45 yrs old lol) Thank you for any advice i may receive

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to upgrade the card firmware from a DS Lite, you'll need ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on there. You'll have to start it up and run that file to do the update.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

you'll want to copy the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds to your microSD (the root of the microsd works fine) and plug the
microsd into the ACekard and then boot up the AK with your DSlite. Run the app just mentioned, and it should turn the screen blue, an prompt you to press start to update.

Press start, wait for the progress to reach 100%, and turn off the DS lite. The acekard is now updated.

neildunne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi kingsanto, and thanks for your prompt reply. Now this is where i get confused because on a DS site i was reading last night they stated that you only use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds if you are updating a batch of Acekards, and this is what i found strange. I dont want to doubt your knowledge in any way bud, but are you 100% sure? I just dont want to muck it up for my son, as i also read on various sites that you can brick your Acekard if you use the wrong file

iwakura has said the same so i'll take it as so..............Please dont be offended kingsanto, as i said, i just wanted to be 100%....................THANK-YOU GUYS

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep 100%. Done updates with both ds lites and dsi's. Updated at least 30 by now.
smile.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds is meant for upgrading multiple Acekards and it works on both DSi and DS lite/Phat...
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds is meant for upgrading one Acekard at a time and works on both DSi and DS lite/Phat...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds on my DS lite. The ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds is only for if your Acekard 2i is bricked and if you have another flashcart you could boot up ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on that other flashcart and take it out and put the AK 2i into your DS lite and it will update it. The ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds is the one you should use to update your AK 2i.

snake218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Copy the latest acekard official firmware to your micro sd
2. copy to the root of your Micro SD the file ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds or the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds
3. insert your card into the dsl, and run the file
4. follow the instructions
5. in about 1 minute it should be done, if done correctly when you try it at your dsi it will show the Danny Phantom icon instead the acekard icon

Just a note, you can use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds or the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds, both will work, but if you use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds it will promt you at the begginig of the process, when you run the file, that eject and insert again the cartridge without turning the dsl off

PD sorry for the bad english

neildunne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is exactly what i mean! Even in this post i have people saying to use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds file and others saying to use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds file, so i still have that feeling of uncertaintity.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
neildunne said:
This is exactly what i mean! Even in this post i have people saying to use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds file and others saying to use the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds file, so i still have that feeling of uncertaintity.
Both upgraders do basically the same thing(they are also able to be run on any DS/i). I just wish those .nds files included a readme to avoid confusion.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds is meant for upgrading multiple Acekards and it works on both DSi and DS lite/Phat...
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds is meant for upgrading one Acekard at a time and works on both DSi and DS lite/Phat...

actually i think your first line is wrong.
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds is meant for upgrading multiple Acekards and unbricking (with a unbricked flashcart) and it works ONLY on DS lite/Phat. (On DSi it doesn't run after it tells you to eject)

ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds is meant for upgrading one Acekard at a time and works on both DSi (fw

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The first line is not wrong(not all of it anyway). As ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds works with all DSes I assumed ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds would too. I didn't add the bit about unbricking Acekards because I didn't know how to word it and I thought it would just confuse neildunne further...

neildunne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the long and the short, and general census is............i can use EITHER of these files to get the Acekard 2i working for the DSi which is already on 1.4 firmware, using the DSL to do the process???

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can confirm this process is all you need to do for it to work:
1. download DSi FW update file (Megaupload link is provided in various tutorials & threads)
2. place this DSi fileonto your AK2i
3. run it in your DSL - blue screen appears simply press "start" button & approx. 30 secs later its done
4. take the AK2i out of the DSL & put it into your DSi. Note: AK icon is replaced with Danny Phantom
5. Success

Potential problem: If you are unlucky (like me and quite a few others), you may receive a clone AK2i. Now, you will probably quickly ascertain this if the above steps don't work TRUST ME!..If at step 3 the update hangs on 0% progress, then you may have the same problem I just had with it. Here's the thread with a working link for the R4i FW Update http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184332&st=30
I used it today and my AK2i now works on my DSi FW1.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't... +1