Hacking ACE3DS Plus breaks Gateway installation?

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its been a long time since I played a DS game so I went back and decided to toss my ACE3DS card in and load it up. I noticed it wouldnt load inside emunand so I tried updating it with the latest update from their site. I tried it in non emunand mode (4.5) and booted up. I then exited and clicked the profile button inside settings and it took me to the ds profile edit instead of gateway mode. I thought that was odd so I rebooted and same thing. I loaded the 3ds installer on my ace3ds flashed it and tried it again and it did work this time. I rebooted and sure enough it worked a second time. Now to test this again i tried loading my ace3ds cart and then exited back to settings and then into profile and it failed to boot gateway mode and instead just went to the DS profile edit.

I am a bit puzzled why just loading the ACE3ds plus would do this so just wondering if anyone has seen this or knows of any way around this. Also just wondering if i should trash the cart and just use the gateway blue card to boot my DS games and if it would do the same. Im at work and dont have it handy to try.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is nothing new, actually its even mentioned somewhere in the official gateway instal tutorial... if you use a ds flash cart, you have to run the gateway installer again. This is normal, dont worry.

Reactions: IronClouds

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nothing new, actually its even mentioned somewhere in the official gateway instal tutorial... if you use a ds flash cart, you have to run the gateway installer again. This is normal, dont worry.

not just a ds flashcart, any ds/dsi software will undo the dsmode hack. just need to reinstall it.

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you all this was the first time I have heard of this or even tried to load a DS game since i started using my gateway. I guess this thread can be deleted then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-