Gaming ace attorney 5 digital only release

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
While it's not the most user-friendly solution, if your system breaks, you can contact Nintendo with your serial code and Club Nintendo account and they'll replace it or refund it for you on a new system.

How important is the Club Nintendo account? Sweden's not a part of any of the major Club Nintendo's around the world. We do have one Swedish site that has ~6 months old news and ad's for "upcoming" games released several months ago.
Sweden's not a part of the European CN, unlike,.... South Africa.... >_> Haha!

That's one part of the problem solved at least, but that price for something digital isn't for me either. I always want something physical, whether it's games or music or books.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's a shame. Probably be £39.99 like most other stuff, rather than the £29.99 physical normally costs. No account system either.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can buy download codes for DL games online/at stores for much cheaper than the eShop. The only reason why the eShop is more expensive is because they don't want to damage their relationship with retailers.

Didn't know this! Have never seen such codes for the 3DS :) the more you know!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't know this! Have never seen such codes for the 3DS :) the more you know!

There aren't any video game stores near me so I don't know if they sell the codes in stores here.
This is the site I've used before, they mail you the code. Should come in handy once this releases.
Link

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop does sell download codes. They started promoting it about a year and a half ago, at least. And the whole thing about "being more expensive than the cart" is bullshit. They retail for the exact same price, digital or not. And for the digital only titles, the publishers get complete control over how they price the game, and the e-shop HAS done sales, and even permanent price drops for successful titles.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can still remember the days when I was praying that Ace Attorney 2 would get translated. Missing out on a physical copy is a shame but I'm still happy knowing that I'll get to play Ace Attorney 5. Of course I have a feeling the eshop price won't be cheap and I won't be able to buy cheap second hand copies like I used to.

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the price of sounding like a cynic, this looks like Capcom's way of fixing the price at $40

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/13/a...tal-only-for-3ds-in-north-america-and-europe/

"Ace Attorney 5 will hit the 3DS this fall, but Capcom will only sell it as a digital download on the system’s eShop market. This is unlike its Japanese release, where it has a boxed copy along with a limited edition that comes with an action figure, some stickers, and more."

WTF!!!!

Just gonna put this out there, The gunman clive only sold well because on the preview it looked like it could be a poor-man's megaman. Im willing to bet money than 90% of people who bought that game were hoping it was like megaman, myself included. ...But it was short, easy and quite frankly not worth the price i paid for it, even tho it was dirt cheap.

They got me too

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the price of sounding like a cynic, this looks like Capcom's way of fixing the price at $40

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/13/a...tal-only-for-3ds-in-north-america-and-europe/

"Ace Attorney 5 will hit the 3DS this fall, but Capcom will only sell it as a digital download on the system’s eShop market. This is unlike its Japanese release, where it has a boxed copy along with a limited edition that comes with an action figure, some stickers, and more."

WTF!!!!

They got me too

I would have seriously pay extra $10-20 to get the box copy with the action figure or an artbook. They should have done something similar to shin megami tensai 4.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Getting Real Tired of your shit, Japan.

Reactions: Chary

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
YES! 8D Still a first day purchase for me! ^_^ But I would really prefer getting the physical copy of my first Phoenix Wright game… T_T And I also wanted that collector’s edition they had in Japan *o* I hope they still release it with a download code or something instead of the physical game if they won’t change their mind about going digital only. But at least this will hold me over for the lack of localized Detective Conan games >.< Not to mention, it might encourage some of those game that wouldn't be localized in the first place to do so.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad that it's getting released in the West at all, but seriously, I friggin want this;
If the back of that case reads:
OTAKU
Understanding this is proof that you are one.
That would totally clinch it.

On-topic though, lack of a physical release and no limited edition bundle (or equivalent) is pretty disappointing. I can see where Capcom is coming from but... this marketing choice is making me want to point my finger at them and scream "Objection!"

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a pass for me. I'd like a boxed copy. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against digital copies, but I keep my SD cards for eShop purchases, not full retail games. Sorry capcom. That's one sale you lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...