Hacking Accidentally upgrade from 7.2 to 10.7, downgrade with sysNAND backup?

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No guys your aboslutely right I was only talking about the homebrew cia just to initially start the entrypoint on the already hacked 2ds....Its been a while since I set them up and had to re-read all the tut's...........I got complacent and are now paying for it (the cost of Zelda) im just glad there is still an entry point that works......I was gonna try the new Red NAND way of booting but my god there are some steps to that! will probably just setup menuhax and have autoboot rxtools with an obscure combo to drop out.

Interesting the downgrade sysupdate has changed slightly you used to have to boot into rxtools dev mode but seems like now you can just run the latest sysupdater, I downloaded that an the safe updater and did a dummy run on the already haxed 2ds and everything seems cool.....had to redownload the 9.2 update cias as the ones I used a while ago it doesn't seem to like but I will be good to go when Zelda turns up tomorrow!

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
No guys your aboslutely right I was only talking about the homebrew cia just to initially start the entrypoint on the already hacked 2ds....Its been a while since I set them up and had to re-read all the tut's...........I got complacent and are now paying for it (the cost of Zelda) im just glad there is still an entry point that works......I was gonna try the new Red NAND way of booting but my god there are some steps to that! will probably just setup menuhax and have autoboot rxtools with an obscure combo to drop out.

Interesting the downgrade sysupdate has changed slightly you used to have to boot into rxtools dev mode but seems like now you can just run the latest sysupdater, I downloaded that an the safe updater and did a dummy run on the already haxed 2ds and everything seems cool.....had to redownload the 9.2 update cias as the ones I used a while ago it doesn't seem to like but I will be good to go when Zelda turns up tomorrow!

Don't use safeSysUpdater, use plaiSysUpdater instead or use safeSysUpdater to check the files and then the latest sysUpdater to do the actual downgrade.

I could be wrong but I think RedNAND is just another word for emuNAND. The other way of booting is called A9LH and yeah, it's a long process. :D

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Don't use safeSysUpdater, use plaiSysUpdater instead or use safeSysUpdater to check the files and then the latest sysUpdater to do the actual downgrade.

I could be wrong but I think RedNAND is just another word for emuNAND. The other way of booting is called A9LH and yeah, it's a long process. :D
1. SafeSysUpdater is now safe to use. It's better than sysUpdater.
2. RedNAND is different from EmuNAND. RedNAND has some technical differences but it also has a smaller NAND size on the n3ds with 1.8 gigs.

Reactions: BloodRose

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
1. SafeSysUpdater is now safe to use. It's better than sysUpdater.
2. RedNAND is different from EmuNAND. RedNAND has some technical differences but it also has a smaller NAND size on the n3ds with 1.8 gigs.

Really? When I did my 2 consoles last week everyone said stay away from safeSysUpdater for the actual downgrade but use it for file checking. There is a popular tutorial on here that still recommends that.

In any case, I couldn't even use SafeSysUpdater the 2nd time around because it was an N3DSLL and the CRC table for 9.2 on that console was wrong so the files were failing to pass verification.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Really? When I did my 2 consoles last week everyone said stay away from safeSysUpdater for the actual downgrade but use it for file checking. There is a popular tutorial on here that still recommends that.

In any case, I couldn't even use SafeSysUpdater the 2nd time around because it was an N3DSLL and the CRC table for 9.2 on that console was wrong so the files were failing to pass verification.
That used to be true, but about 2 or 3 weeks ago SafeSysUpdater is now save to use for the actual downgrade.

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great i followed the tutorial that said getsafsysupdater to check hashes etc then use sysupdater to update, always wondered why it was recommended to use both when safesysupdater looked like it could do it all.......

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
great i followed the tutorial that said getsafsysupdater to check hashes etc then use sysupdater to update, always wondered why it was recommended to use both when safesysupdater looked like it could do it all.......

I think some people were getting bricks from safeSysUpdater but it seems like it has been fixed now.

I prefer plaiSysUpdater personally though. Thinking about it, although the process is long winded, a9lh would probably be the safest option for your daughter's console in the long term.

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok great got Zelda today after a bit of fannying about got console downgraded, original emunand still worked well but installed menuhax and rxtools boots......but I had a similar problem with the other console rxtools is very hit and miss booting from menuhax.....I have followed loads of different tutorials downloaded countless different rxtools, some won't boot at all some freeze on installation. The rxtools that works ok on other 2ds struggles on this one even though they are the same although the sysnand is slightly different version......tried nightly builds everything!

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
ok great got Zelda today after a bit of fannying about got console downgraded, original emunand still worked well but installed menuhax and rxtools boots......but I had a similar problem with the other console rxtools is very hit and miss booting from menuhax.....I have followed loads of different tutorials downloaded countless different rxtools, some won't boot at all some freeze on installation. The rxtools that works ok on other 2ds struggles on this one even though they are the same although the sysnand is slightly different version......tried nightly builds everything!

It's not rxtools that freezes like that, it's Menuhax. You are going to need to install al9h to get round that problem permanently. That will also future proof the console so your daughter cannot repeat the same mistake.

Reactions: astronautlevel

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I thought if it cycled through the colours and the writing scrolled across menuhax had loaded ok........to be fair the menuhax splash screen is corrupted on this particular install may try and re-install........yeah al9h looks like the way forward......

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Really? I thought if it cycled through the colours and the writing scrolled across menuhax had loaded ok........to be fair the menuhax splash screen is corrupted on this particular install may try and re-install........yeah al9h looks like the way forward......

Yeah it is. When it freezes on one of those coloured screens though that's menuhax crashing. It relies on an unstable exploit to function. If it's failing everytime then that's usually related to a bad config or cfw files but the intermittent crashes are unfortunately menuhax's fault.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is. When it freezes on one of those coloured screens though that's menuhax crashing. It relies on an unstable exploit to function. If it's failing everytime then that's usually related to a bad config or cfw files but the intermittent crashes are unfortunately menuhax's fault.
If it crashes on yellow, retry. If it crashes on red, you've configured something wrong.

Reactions: BloodRose

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If it crashes on yellow, retry. If it crashes on red, you've configured something wrong.

I never knew there was a science to it but that actually makes sense.

I found out yesterday that red can also mean that you've accidentally forgotten to reinsert the SD card as well.:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: