Hacking Accidentally updated DSi to 1.4 3e - the end for my Acekard 2i?

thommo14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
G'day,

As per title, family used the DSi and switched on Wi-Fi. Now the Acekard 2i isn't recognised after booting up DSi. Is this the end?

Cheers,
T

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can get access to a ds phat or lite, you'll be able to update your ak2i to work on dsi v1.4.3. The ds phat and lite doesn't have firmware updates that can block flashcarts from running, so they are usually preferred when updating. Once you have access to a phat/lite (or even a dsi that is still compatible with your ak2i, meaning under v1.4.3), download this and read the readme.txt. If you use a ds phat/lite to update, use the updater that says dsl. If you use a dsi/3ds to update, use the updater that says dsi. Once updated, it should work fine on the latest dsi firmware.

Reactions: 1 person

thommo14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the speedy reply. I actually have another DSi (and Acekard 2i) which is under v1.4.3, so I guess it's a case of swapping Acekards and following instructions?

Ta,
T

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the speedy reply. I actually have another DSi (and Acekard 2i) which is under v1.4.3, so I guess it's a case of swapping Acekards and following instructions?

Ta,
T
Swapping the ak2i is usually for updating multiple ak2i's or when unbricking one of your ak2i's. Since you're just updating, you can just place the updater on the micro sd card of your outdated ak2i and update straight from there. Just make sure you do as prompted and wait until the update completes. Be careful because the updater will ask if you want to update again (mainly on use when updating another cart consecutively); if you accept it, it'll go through the update again. To avoid this, just turn the power off when it asks you that.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning