Accidentally stole from a guy. Waitwut

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went to Disc Replay today (used game store) to look around for some games, after withdrawing $400 which I owed my dad (wasn't planning to use any of that money for games, just my own leftover cash), and as I'm looking around, I see some guys come in with a stack of games and an original Xbox, kinda interested at the collection.

What really caught my eye though, was a Dreamcast copy of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver sitting on top of their stack, and I'm like "HOLY SHIT". So I come right up to the guy, and tell him I'd buy it from him right there, right now. And he's like "cool", and we worked out a deal for $15. Oh, I also bought a Japanese God of War Collection and Uncharted 2.

Now, I had to use some of the cash meant for my dad, which put it at $385. So I get home, and give that to my dad, letting him know the amount. He tells me that there's still 4 $100 bills, and I think I'm hearing things, responding with a "Wait... wut?". And then tells me there's a total of $435.

And I realize. OH SHIT. I JUST TOOK THIS GUY'S MONEY.

Man, it's always something with me. : P

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's good free money!
laugh.gif
in all seriousness that sucks for the guy you stole it from. I would feel pretty bad if I did that.

D

Deleted-273695

Well thats good.
It's nice getting paid to take things off thier hands isn't it
rofl.gif

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't feel bad, I've done the same thing, just go back and give the money back. I did it at Video Games Express (I was their last customer before they got out of business, shame...) I was SO lucky to get to him the next day, so I paid him the next day not a minute before he drove off for good. He only took half the price though, really nice guy during the past few years...
tongue.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean to tell me that at some point during the transaction, HE handed YOU money? Are you sure you didn't just withdraw more than you thought? Possible ATM error or something? You receiving money here doesn't make sense to me.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
You mean to tell me that at some point during the transaction, HE handed YOU money? Are you sure you didn't just withdraw more than you thought? Possible ATM error or something? You receiving money here doesn't make sense to me.

For change, he would have given him $300, $50 and $35. Which explains the $435, sorta.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a stylus at hand in gamestop, i walked out with it without paying, then i went back in, how dumb of me but good deeds, done dirt cheap

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time, I went into a corner store and bought....well, I don't remember what I bought anymore (it was somewhere between 10 and 20 years ago, was probably a 6-pack of beer), but I paid with a $10 bill and the dude gave me change for a 20. So basically, I got paid 5+ dollars to take whatever it was I left the store with.

Wanna hear the really mean part? I KNEW the dude gave me more money than he was supposed to, but I quickly shoved it in my pocket and left without counting it....until I was out of the store, that is. It was one of those "bodega" type stores. (look it up at urbandictionary.com)
smileipb2.png
tongue.gif

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of money, I had 3 $100s and 2 $50s; total of $400. I meant to give him a $50 and him give me back $35. I guess somehow we got the money mixed up, and I ended up giving him both of my $50s, and kept his $100, and he gave me $35 back. I don't know either. The hell. >__

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit