Hacking A9LH and Decrypt9 Question (Gateway)

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To clear some things up.
This is a resume of all your questions in this topic:

Q: How do I boot Gateway in sysnand?
A1: When you boot in GW mode, when you see the red dragon on screen, hold L until you are in GW menu. Now hold b or x (i am not sure about the button) and select boot gateway mode in sysnand. Confirm with a.
A2: When there is no emunand at all, gateway auto launch sysnand

Q: How to get rid of my emunand easily?
A: The easiest way to get rid of your emunand is to format your SD Card. Be sure you take a backup of all files on the SD Card since a format deletes everything on the card.
Optional take a backup of your emunand with Decrypt9 before formatting. If you change your mind later, you easily get it back in previous state.

Q: Gateway says insert the red card even when it's already inserted. What?
A: Just eject and reinsert the card on that same screen. Then push a.

Q: Select to choose a game wont work anymore. How to fix this?
A: use gateway 4.1 launcher.dat. It hasn't got the sysnand nag anymore. (At least I never saw it when launching GW in sysnand) And it comes with better stability for 11.0 nands.

Q: Which option should I choose to dump my genuine 3DS game cards in Decrypt 9?
A: it doesn't matter. All will works.
trim/srub means that the copy doesn't contains trash data. I recommend this option to save space on your SD-card. However some games like Pokémon x/y/or/as and animal crossing won't save properly when trimmed. These games are called CARD1 games.
Decrypt is mostly used if you have plans to edit a rom/rom hacking.

NOTE: NEVER update your (sys)nand in GW mode! Really it will brick your device that couldn't be fixed with A9hl! ALWAYS USE LUMA TO UPDATE!

NOTE 2: If you wish to keep GATEWAY support. Be careful with updated sysnand when nintendo launch a new update. Luma will handle then but we never are sure about Gateway.

The guide for using Gateway with A9HL v2 normally should work. Just check if you RENAME the files correctly.
Plus a hint: if you are using windows 8 or higher, you can check the combobox to show file extensions in the bar above in file explorer. This would help avoiding double extensions.(example: launcher.dat.dat)
Just give the file a name. The ".<extension>" will be add properly.

Last edited by JordenNixNix,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.