Hacking A Webkit Exploit PoC has just been released for PS4 OFW 3.50.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is more, much more.
I know with the Wii U, there is the PPC kernel and the ARM kernel (IOSU), and some features are restricted to the IOSU. I am assuming that the PS4 kernel gives access to everything in the OS (USB, ethernet, unrestricted storage access, injecting applications)?

It just the bootloader and lower stuff that is not hacked currently, or am I wrong?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watching thread and removing the internet cable
It doesnt update automatically, though, does it?

... I was reading on Wololo's blog about this, as well as Steam running off the PS4 which seemed insane!

I might keep my internet off my PS4 now, and get a PS4K for actual gaming when it releases.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pretty much haha :)
So is there any way they can end up pulling a nintenderp with the updates? Or would it be safer for me just to disable the internet connection from my PS4? Haha!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, aside from the obvious piracy which can be accomplished down the line, what kind of homebrew can we expect to see?! With the power of the PS4, I'm actually very interested in that!
What emulators do you guys htink would be possible?

And with ripped isos of PS4 games, I wonder if we'd be able to earn trophies, somehow?

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
woahh so now they can support til latest firmware, its much cheaper now to buy a PS4 with latest firmware than buying old PS4 with old FW :D

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think the bootroms are always the deepest level. Don't quote me though.
I just did :tpi:

On topic, I think the deepest levels are the security keys themselves. Kinda like what happened to the PS3 when it was hacked. Someone leaked rhe keys online and starting then, you can now run signed homebrew on non cfw device. That is if the keys themselves are stored in the PS4

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did :tpi:

On topic, I think the deepest levels are the security keys themselves. Kinda like what happened to the PS3 when it was hacked. Someone leaked rhe keys online and starting then, you can now run signed homebrew on non cfw device. That is if the keys themselves are stored in the PS4
Well played sir. Well now that we have kernel access can we get the keys?

Reactions: nxwing

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well played sir. Well now that we have kernel access can we get the keys?
I think that depends on the security of the console itself and if the keys are actually inside the console. Iirc, the 3DS keys weren't in the 3DS. And if one posts the keys online, he or she could end up in jail if proven to post them.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn