Hardware A Store in US Shipped the Switch Early

munchy_cool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well even when Android is used on non-mobile devices like the Ouya complete with a traditional controller; it is still far from impressive.
I agree, but Android was not designed to be what they are trying to do with it. Hence the results, when Andy Rubin thought of Android he must have thought of it as a mobile OS, not a gaming OS. If the basic design is not meant for it to be used for gaming then patches won't help.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but Android was not designed to be what they are trying to do with it. Hence the results, when Andy Rubin thought of Android he must have thought of it as a mobile OS, not a gaming OS. If the basic design is not meant for it to be used for gaming then patches won't help.

Exactly, and that's my point. Android is a fantastic OS for our smartphones and tablets, but its not the OS that most would want for a strictly gaming device for various reasons.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was a packin game. Damn you to hell Nintendo! You knew this would happen so that's why you did it!:rofl2:

Reactions: Xzi

munchy_cool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, and that's my point. Android is a fantastic OS for our smartphones and tablets, but its not the OS that most would want for a strictly gaming device for various reasons.
Yeah.. Going to take some time to mature into a gaming OS.. Took them quite some time to figure it out on tablets..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee comes the nintendo lawyer army knocking at his door (and the gameshop's) but in all i will %$@!ing piss myself if we get a day 1 hax

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
and heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee comes the nintendo lawyer army knocking at his door (and the gameshop's) but in all i will %$@!ing piss myself if we get a day 1 hax
What crime is being committed by buying a product early? Streetdates are not criminally enforceable.

Reactions: netovsk

munchy_cool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not really, he bought it..he got it ..he can do whatever he wants ..the store hasn't been named.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love the UI omg.

Its a shame that Nintendo didn't shipped that 1,2,Switch! game so the guy could atleast play something :/.

And no , Switch wont get hacks on Day One , get fucking real.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i actually cried (teared up) when i saw gbatemp confirming this was real, and seeing the bootup video (for those who havent seen it go to the home page)

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
He's not wrong. Shield TV would be able to run a lot more games natively if it didn't have Android holding it back.
I'll say it again: you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
Nothing prevents android programmers to run bare-metal code with assembly through JNI or C via NDK.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll say it again: you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
Nothing prevents android programmers to run bare-metal code with assembly through JNI or C via NDK.
I'm not disputing that, it's just that performance is considerably worse without support for any of the most common gaming APIs.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well even when Android is used on non-mobile devices like the Ouya complete with a traditional controller; it is still far from impressive. Point is, Android is a great OS for our smartphones, but it is not the most ideal OS for more intensive gaming.

Says you! lol ;) BTW do we have any videos of these leaked switch consoles in action. I'd love to see the startup video.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What crime is being committed by buying a product early? Streetdates are not criminally enforceable.

it's called civil suit nintendo still has that option besides we all know how corrupt the US judicial system is.....throw a judge a nice 1M and they'll make up some B.S. charge, Look at trump he gave the florida DA a bribe i mean donation and she dropped the Trump U class action

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==