Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree, could very well be he got it from someone who was not supposed to sell it, or stolen property.

Pretty sure Nintendo cannot force him/threaten him with legal consequences for something he bought legally.

Edit
Pretty sure he made his money from that unboxing.
Exactly. No way I would've sent it back unless I was guaranteed either a refund or the console returned at launch. Only way he would've been under any kind of pressure to comply is if he stole it.

munchy_cool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: thorasgar and Xzi

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
They're not going to give him a replacement Switch, are they? :P
IKR! Even though he didn't get it legally, he didn't know it was illegal, and he did pay the full price (maybe even more, IDK)! It would be only fair if Ninty shipped him a Switch on the 3rd!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They're not going to give him a replacement Switch, are they? :P
nope Nintendo be saying
6802d88e153ab306ca7679a9260cce1b2842c3967362ddaeb8b57a0af900b6d3.jpg

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IKR! Even though he didn't get it legally, he didn't know it was illegal, and he did pay the full price (maybe even more, IDK)! It would be only fair if Ninty shipped him a Switch on the 3rd!

This is something I posted on the other thread earlier.

All the people saying that the guy who bought it from the thief should get his money back or a new unit from Nintendo on march 3rd are living in wonderland... Let me tell you how things don't add up...

1) The guy who bought it must have known the system isn't realised until march 3rd.

2) He must have paid cash to the guy who stole it since I don't think the thief accepts debit/credit cards as payment for things he stole :glare::glare::glare:

3) The guy who sold it didn't give him a receipt... But yeah, must be a legit retailer sale right :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...

4) He decided to make a video unboxing it and post it on the internet as soon as he got it to get attention.

But a lot people seem to think he didn't know it was stolen and it is somehow unfair for him to not get a refund or a new unit from nintendo...

How many red flags were there that the system was stolen again? Knowinly buying and/or having strong suspicion that somethimg may be stolen and still buying it, IS ILLEGAL.

There was no way for him to think this whole transaction was %100 legit. he knew what he was doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)