I don't like omelets.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

;)

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
I think gbatemp should clean up the stickied threads:

5 posts per stickied thread max (quick summary with links for downloads etc, detailed summary, FAQ, changelog, and whatever else not covered by the latter).
Only posts that cover the subject.
No replies allowed.
Link to discussion thread.
Stickied thread updated with latest info either by mods or op or nominated maintainer.

This would cut down on the questions being asked over and over as a post in the stickied thread could cover FAQ if needed. And again, this could be used for releases with separate discussion / bug reporting for each release so people can post bugs / problems relevant to the version they are on (looking at you GX2, unless you are an avid forum addict, there is very little chance of finding info in that thread until cyan gets a chance to update that incredibly long OP).

P.s this is not criticism of the posters of the current stickied threads, I admire the effort put in to their posts which is most likely the reason they were sticked in the first place.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gbatemp should clean up the stickied threads:

5 posts per stickied thread max (quick summary with links for downloads etc, detailed summary, FAQ, changelog, and whatever else not covered by the latter).
Only posts that cover the subject.
No replies allowed.
Link to discussion thread.
Stickied thread updated with latest info either by mods or op or nominated maintainer.

This would cut down on the questions being asked over and over as a post in the stickied thread could cover FAQ if needed. And again, this could be used for releases with separate discussion / bug reporting for each release so people can post bugs / problems relevant to the version they are on (looking at you GX2, unless you are an avid forum addict, there is very little chance of finding info in that thread until cyan gets a chance to update that incredibly long OP).

P.s this is not criticism of the posters of the current stickied threads, I admire the effort put in to their posts which is most likely the reason they were sticked in the first place.

I definitely think stickied threads should allow replies. A lot of people have asked and had their questions answered on the stickies. Really, the stickies are pretty clean right now. Cyan and maybe some of the other mods have done a really good job cleaning it up.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
I definitely think stickied threads should allow replies. A lot of people have asked and had their questions answered on the stickies. Really, the stickies are pretty clean right now. Cyan and maybe some of the other mods have done a really good job cleaning it up.

Huh? No I reckon a separate thread would work much better for discussion, f.e. look at the daunting size of these:

Pages and pages of the same thing being asked "I haven't read the thread but... same question as a page ago".

Last edited by Glix,

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And your point is? I don't know too many people that have to sift through those. Just post and it will auto post at the last page for you. You get notified of replies, so it isn't hard to get to your responses.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
And your point is? I don't know too many people that have to sift through those. Just post and it will auto post at the last page for you. You get notified of replies, so it isn't hard to get to your responses.

I think you've completely missed my point and I've missed yours.

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. Why disallow someone from posting to your thread just because it's stickied? That just makes a lot more posts taking up space in the main forum. I don't think there is a real good reason for that.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
ky1zPJT.jpg

I really hope somebody uses the name gacube emulator for something legitimate at some point.

An internet forum where people ask the same questions over and over and don't read stickies? It's not shocking, is it?
Aren't threads complaining about that, just... um... pretty much the same thing?

Anyway. I'm came for the gacube emulator and well, it wasn't here...
Going to go back to using googlecache to read the peterpeter stuff. One of the most genius 'troll' creations I've seen in an age... I'm not even being sarcastic. xD

Reactions: CJB100

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think so. Why disallow someone from posting to your thread just because it's stickied? That just makes a lot more posts taking up space in the main forum. I don't think there is a real good reason for that.

As I said, a separate thread that is linked to the stickied thread is for discussion and extra explanations which can then be lifted due to popular demand back to the stickied thread. I really like your thread, but have you tried browsing it recently? My firefox on an i5 4670k, GTX780 and 16gb of ram, sputters and dies on when scrolling through it (when you hit the section "Links to Some Great Forwarder Channels", probably due to the youtube links, then comes back to life again, probably would help if I didn't have 400 tabs open either ^^). Whether that is the fault of the auto merging or whatever, does make it a lot harder to get info I would be interested in if the page takes a long time to load up and runs like a dog. :/

D

Deleted User

OP
I was just letting off steam, sheesh, it's not like these ever get noticed by noobs anyway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The poll was serious before, btw

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, a separate thread that is linked to the stickied thread is for discussion and extra explanations which can then be lifted due to popular demand back to the stickied thread. I really like your thread, but have you tried browsing it recently? My firefox on an i5 4670k, GTX780 and 16gb of ram, sputters and dies on when scrolling through it (when you hit the section "Links to Some Great Forwarder Channels", probably due to the youtube links, then comes back to life again, probably would help if I didn't have 400 tabs open either ^^). Whether that is the fault of the auto merging or whatever, does make it a lot harder to get info I would be interested in if the page takes a long time to load up and runs like a dog. :/

Really? It doesn't on my Core i3 laptop with integrated Intel HD3000 graphics and 4GB of RAM. Yes, it takes a moment to load. That's due to the way the forum displays, not your computer or the size of my post. If you give it all of 5 seconds when you first visit the thread, it loads fine and runs speedy after that.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just letting off steam, sheesh, it's not like these ever get noticed by noobs anyway
Then why would you make it? The point of this thread is to inform noobs. If noobs won't see it it just blocks the top spots where serious devs want to discuss. Keep this to eof or off topic.

Last edited by bi388,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1