A “Proper” Pokemon Console Game Could Save the Franchise

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a Pokemon game that was pretty much the same as what we've got now but of course decent to look at...but when you battle it plays like Smash Bros.

By the way creators have stated that there will never be a core Pokemon game on a console, they want it to be strictly portable so people can link up to others and do all that stuff that they do.

You know because the internet doesn't exist or anything.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
A Pokemon game with real time movement and control for the battles would be interesting. You know, actually CONTROLLING the Pokemon for once? It wouldn't be too hard, either. The control scheme could even take a page from the original Pokemon Stadium, where the 4 moves were each assigned to a different button.
You made me imagine Pokemon with the latest Tales combat system. Would be neat, but a pretty risky move.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't really know if Pokémon 'needs saving' yet.
I kinda enjoyed all main games. With Generation 1 it was something completely new, a simple yet very fun RPG which started the whole hype together with the anime.
I was 7 at the time. Then came Generation 2 which was amazing at the time, with a whole new region plus the previous one. Gen 3 had incredible graphics compared to the others and the story was ok. At gen 4 the Pokémon did become kind of dull and the story was kind of the same as gen 3 but looking back at gen 1 and 2 I realised that there wasn't much of a story there either. Gen 5's Pokémon where the worst ever, I don't mind there are a lot of pokemon but they have to be original at least. The story was the most interesting of all the games to me though but I can say that I'm slowly losing my interest in the series.

A direct sequel does sound kind of interesting to me though, so I think I'm going to wait until they release Black/White 2.
If it's not suprising and new I think I will have to agree that it needs saving.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The franchise definitely needs be saved from a constant string of high sales and relatively highish review scores.

Also there's a reason Pokemon does well as a portable RPG and not as a console RPG. Plus all the console RPG games are bogged down with really cut down gameplay mechanics and really stupid storylines.

Blasphemy! Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome!

They were pretty shit.

I enjoyed them as a kid but when you're a kid you're basically classifiable as mentally challenged. Watch it again and try telling me it has genuinely good animation, characters, plots, and humor in a way that doesn't use the word "nostalgic".

I still watch them. That's like saying the early seasons of The Simpsons is shit because it has bad animation, characters, voices, and plots, but those seasons are still the best.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware that a game franchise that sills gigajillions of copies of it's main series games and even it's "got nothing to do with POkeMonz LOL" spin-offs make a ton of money, was something that needed to be "saved".

Unless you mean "saved from 17 year olds not playing it because they think it's for kiddies and people will think they are kiddies if they play pokemanz", because yeah, you can't save it from that. Everyone that isn't 17 doesn't need it to be saved anyway.

:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong