A montage of the worst anti piracy commercials/campaigns

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some of the worst (in my opinion) anti piracy commercials and campaigns:

(Well, the "you wouldn't steal a car" one is pretty decent but still doesn't stop me from "pirating")

(What! Ya Trying To Be Funny?!)

(FUCK SOPA)

(Look at the bad pronunciation, he says pie rats! LOL!)

(Now AT LEAST this one contains a game that I like)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPNL82EY1dY&feature=related

(Someone tell me what the point of this one is!)

If you have any anti piracy commercials and campaigns (bad or not) just post them here! The ones above were hand picked by me. I thought they were pretty terrible!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best ones are in the cinema,,,"go to the cinema and watch this in great quality instead of a shit camera job" yet you are already at the cinema....?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Cool, tell me downloading movies affects jobs. Okay, believable. Tell me that you can only get the best quality from official DVDs. Unlikely, but I'll play along. The moment you tell me that piracy is stealing, you pretty much lost your argument for yourself. Theft and piracy are two different crimes. And for the record. I would download the shit out of a car.

Not saying it's right, but let's get it straight. I wouldn't call it harassment if you rear ended me in traffic, so let's not call piracy theft. Common goddamn sense.

The only way they will ever get their point across, is by shooting straight and using verifiable facts.

Reactions: 5 people

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol at the last one implying downloading a movie takes 400 hours and aborts downloads. Pretty much anyone can tell you that's bullshit :P

Reactions: 1 person

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Videos are pathetic.

This ad would stop piracy cold, but game publishers refuse to see the light:

gallery_262855_65_23320.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
veering offtopic here...i recall when i got the back to the future boxset on bluray, when you started it up you didnt get the usual shit about stealing films, the car etc, you got a simple message "thank you buy buying this bluray" which now a days i thought actually pretty nice for a change rather than having some shit force down my throat about how I'm making a rich person poorer

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the only one that makes any kind of sense is the one where the guy is trying to SELL the movies he downloaded and burned to disc.and tell me someone is losing their job because the avengers got pirated... please...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Pirating a copy of something doesn't mean one person will lose their job, but it is a huge problem for companies. I don't see why you guys think it's a joke. Those of us who still buy music/games/movies are having to pay more to make up for your actions.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is going end up in flame war. Count on it.

Anyway, those commercials are just as bad as the Swine Flu commercials from the 1970's.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
i dont think people here are saying piracy is funny , more the ways they attempt to inform us of our wrong doings . I bought a legit game yesterday , and also download a film for the kids .. i wouldnt have gone out and bought vampire dog but it seemed like some harmless fun flick they could watch one day..... no sales were lost nor no jobs lost , i wouldnt have ever bought it.. but i went and bought the game for them... i must be truly evil eh justin.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm... do you think it'd be possible to not turn this into a debate? We already have a thread like that "are you guys cheap bastards" or something like that. But let's just discuss the ads themselves? It'll prevent any shit from happening. And let's be honest, when it comes to piracy, it's a double edged sword. There is no right or wrong answer. It's like science vs. religion. There is no right answer.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I downloaded a full movie. Maybe last month, or July, but I haven't even watched it. I mainly use netflix. Yeah I'll torrent TV shows but is that piracy? Especially for shows like South Park that comes out for free on their website the very next day.

Anyways, that one ad about the guy selling the dvd's on the street, that was a good one. It's those type of ads that get my attention. Where it's some quick witted guy or something like that. I find those to be the most effective.

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think people here are saying piracy is funny , more the ways they attempt to inform us of our wrong doings . I bought a legit game yesterday , and also download a film for the kids .. i wouldnt have gone out and bought vampire dog but it seemed like some harmless fun flick they could watch one day..... no sales were lost nor no jobs lost , i wouldnt have ever bought it.. but i went and bought the game for them... i must be truly evil eh justin.

Well, for me. After the few viruses I got on my computer, I stopped pirating software. Now I want to pay for all the software I ever pirated.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love Anti-Piracy ads! Even before I started pirating software, I thought they were over the top and complete bullshit!
I may no longer pirate software anymore, but it wasn't because of these ads. They need to get their facts straight and stop using out of date tactics before they will effect anyone.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
"You wouldn't steal a handbag."

Yes I would.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of us who still buy music/games/movies are having to pay more to make up for your actions.

Is that really the case, or do companies just use that as an excuse to keep prices high?

Piracy is an issue, but blaming the consumers is just counterproductive. People are going to figure out how to pirate your new song/movie/show/game no matter how many spooky ads or restrictive measures you throw in. If you want to find an effective way at fighting piracy, look to services like Steam or Spotify; people appreciate it when you treat them with respect, not suspicion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...