Not open for further replies.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
When the Philippines will be hit by a powerful earthquake just like in 1990, I wonder what will happen if it did got an 8.9M earthquake?

Unlike Japan who has their sources like Sony and the others, Philippines is like HAITI with no other source but to seek help from other countries.

I remember in Saint Bernard in Leyte that the whole village was buried in mountain and relief goods were delivered like giant tent and portable toilet, NOONE or a FEW from the victims received such things and instead received locally made canned goods.

If ever the Philippines will be hit by a powerful earthquake, it will be the end of Philippines as donations from the other countries, the corrupt people from government will benefit.

What do you think will be a good thing to do so that people WILL RECEIVE FOREIGN GOODS donated by our friends abroad?

This is just what I noticed because I kept on helping on charities but the poeple I helped are still IN NEED as of today. What's the point of my donations then if it wasnt be given to the poeple who really need them?

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
What's the point of my donations then if it wasnt be given to the poeple who really need them?
To make you feel like you have helped someone. It is easier to give money than time.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
In our local TV stations, they formed foundation or charity. Ive been donating money in their bank accounts and I also donate other things.

But yeah, local media charity are still our choice here but for how long can we donate to the same people?

Thanks

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
When the Philippines will be hit by a powerful earthquake just like in 1990, I wonder what will happen if it did got an 8.9M earthquake?

Unlike Japan who has their sources like Sony and the others, Philippines is like HAITI with no other source but to seek help from other countries.

Japan has the largest debt in the world. Also, that isn't the point. The economic factor isn't necessarily the biggest problem in Japan, it's the human factor. Using Sony as an example is also nearly useless, they don't take money from private companies, they take it from their own reserve and using loans. That just shows you haven't bothered to do research.

I remember in Saint Bernard in Leyte that the whole village was buried in mountain and relief goods were delivered like giant tent and portable toilet, NOONE or a FEW from the victims received such things and instead received locally made canned goods.

1. Food is MUCH more important than shelter and hygiene. Would you rather be able to eat or take a piss in a toilet?
2. How many of these "tents" were delivered? I'm pretty sure that a lot of people live there, how would you be able to give one to each of them? Enlighten me please.
3. [sarcasm]Yes, because they should have expensive imported food instead of cheap and local food donated by Philippine companies.[/saRCASM]

If ever the Philippines will be hit by a powerful earthquake, it will be the end of Philippines as donations from the other countries, the corrupt people from government will benefit.

No. You don't realize that donations aren't given to the government in the Philippines, they are given primarily to the organizations such as Red Cross. Also, most countries give HUMAN assistance instead of financial assistance (such as troops or rescue teams). Thinking that the entire government is corrupt is a shallow way of thinking, as NO ONE in this country actually has proper knowledge of its inner workings. You also fail to realize that donations aren't substantial enough to make a real economic difference in times of crisis.

What do you think will be a good thing to do so that people WILL RECEIVE FOREIGN GOODS donated by our friends abroad?

Yes. People in times of crisis should eat Lays and SPAM instead of cheap and locally made foods that are much easier to get. We should do that? Since when the hell did any country donate foreign goods to us? I remember that it was ALWAYS primarily monetary donations and human resources that other countries donated. What exactly is the advantage of sending expensive SPAM when they could send us money to buy even cheaper Argentina Meatloaf? Because it's fancier?

Also, the canned goods are primarily given by the companies that own them, not using monetary donations.

This is just what I noticed because I kept on helping on charities but the poeple I helped are still IN NEED as of today. What's the point of my donations then if it wasnt be given to the poeple who really need them?

Donations ARE NOT enough to make a substantial difference. Suppose you could donate 100,000 PHP to the poor. That's enough for a few days food for a bunch of people. Then what's after that? Nothing. You also fail to see that some money needs to be invested into the rebuilding and restoration of resources and infrastructures. You don't see that they are, in fact helped, but the help isn't enough.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
calm down amigo.
you might disagree with the guy but there's no reason to be rude.
stay civil and make moderators jobs easier

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
calm down amigo.
hai costello!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i agree with everything KingdomBlade said. but Costello's right. let's not start a flame war.

@relminator. there are still some polititcians who can be trusted.

Chris_Skylock said:
But yeah, local media charity are still our choice here but for how long can we donate to the same people?
what's the problem in donating to the same organization? if they can be trusted?

EDIT & Off-Topic: oh look Sop's posted.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
calm down amigo.
I don't think he's being rude. He makes great points. It might help dispel some misgivings.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Costello said:
calm down amigo.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being truthful about a few points. It's argumentation, not flaming. Although perhaps there was a slightly desperate injection of humor there by using sarcasm tags. HAI COSTELLO!
biggrin.gif

Also, wow. Sop just posted. He has the keen ability to derail any mildly serious thread. Props to him for that.
bow.gif

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
My God, I was trying out some people's opinion not being bashed by some assholes.

My point is you cant trust the Philippines if you want to donate if ever a disaster happened.

Foreign donations WILL NEVER BE GIVEN to those less fortunate. Ive seen a lot of them as Ive been with them. I dont like how these people handle foreign donations.

Take foreign clothes for example. Why do we have UKAY UKAY (used clothing) in the Philippines when the fact they should be donated to those less fortunate and not sell them.

Unlike you, Ive been in the BEHIND THE SCENES meaning we know the government and Im exposing the truth.

My god. READ AND UNDERSTAND. IM NOT AN IDIOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol