Hacking a couple of adrenaline (Psx) questions ?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, i'd like to know a few things ,hope someone can help me out.

so here's the thing, it seems that for some games save states cause a different thing to happen.
for instance with vagrant story the music would glitch/then mute if i load it from a save state.

and some day ago i first started FF9 , the thing is i can save so often in this game which is very cool so i do not have to rely on save states too much, but i decided to give it a try to see if it will work.

i made a save state and found out that the use of analog sticks was muted this time, as in i cannot move around with the left analog (which you usually can in ff9 to move around).
and when i'd load the normal way, the analog stick works fine and i can move around.

and here's my other question regarding the psx emulation settings, i went on ahead and loaded the save state checked and i cannot seem to use left stick, so i went into the official settings and i switched the thing called digital mode to analog mode and then the analog stick works fine again.

so i'd like to know what this is ? what is the difference between analog/digital mode.
should i keep it to analog mode ? i hope this setting won't reset every time i launch another game/or launching adrenaline again. (i am afraid of bugs with adrenaline, i love it but i am afraid as i once lost 2 save states before, they vanished on me after i updated from adrenaline to adr. v4) so i will try to keep saving the normal way over the save states..

and guys , one final question regarding categories.
is there any way to have the games i have psx/psp to appear in an order i'd like them to be ?

because some games are all the way down the bottom, and it'd be really nice to have the games i play the most these days to appear all the way up.
i tried some of those psp plugins ,categories lite etc. but i just couldn't get them to work..

one of them i tried , i saw some changes in the psp settings section where it showed some categories options, but it was trashy as it would not change anything.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Save states aren't 100% stable, different things are going to happen to different games because what a save state is basically doing is dumping all the memory addresses from the game at its current point and is saving them to a file. Since different games are, well, different, different things are going to happen when you load the save point. The reason it's not 100% stable is, sometimes, certain triggers can't be loaded from a memory dump like that and will occasionally glitch out. Most emulators have similar issues, they're just not as prevalent as this particular hack (likely because of the way PS1 loading works on the Vita, and because actual emulators are much more refined over years and years of development).

There are two main PS1 controllers, the first which has no analog sticks (digital), and the second that did. Dual Analog didn't come about until around 3-4 years after the PS1 launched, so some games can't use analog controls (since they weren't programmed that way) and sometimes games refuse to work properly if it's enabled. So, Sony added the digital and analog options so you don't run into any problems running a game that doesn't like analog.

Also, your save states disappearing wasn't a bug BTW, you can't use save states across different versions of Adrenaline, they're not compatible.

The only way to sort games like you want is with Categories Lite, but it doesn't work properly with Adrenaline and can't categorize PSP games (likely because of the way Adrenaline works). The plugin would have to be updated to work with Adrenaline to function for PSP game support. PS1 games and homebrew should work fine though, dunno why you can't get it to work.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Also, your save states disappearing wasn't a bug BTW, you can't use save states across different versions of Adrenaline, they're not compatible.
thanks for the detailed info regarding my issue.
so since updating adrenaline to a newer version would wipe my save states, is there a way to back them up somehow?
and about the categories lite, i just could not get it to work.
is it the one that appears in the settings of the psp, or is it the one where you press triangle on the memory stick ?
anyway, for that i would have to enter specific text in vsh only yeah? the vsh txt file.
and the plugin file needs to be in ux0/pspemu/seplugins and that is all yah?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Nope, they're not compatible with new versions period unless otherwise stated.

As for categories lite, you need to put the vsh in ux0:/pspemu/seplugins and you need the vsh.txt to activate it, which should read "ms0:/seplugins/category_lite.prx 1". You should then create folders called CAT_XXX in your /GAME/ folder. You can make on for PS1 games and one for homebrew. So it'd be like ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/CAT_Homebrew, ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/CAT_Playstation

Then just move the folders corresponding to each category. So homebrew would go in CAT_Homebrew, PS1 would go in CAT_Playstation.

After that, you should have an uncategorized folder, which should list PSP games.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Nope, they're not compatible with new versions period unless otherwise stated.

As for categories lite, you need to put the vsh in ux0:/pspemu/seplugins and you need the vsh.txt to activate it, which should read "ms0:/seplugins/category_lite.prx 1". You should then create folders called CAT_XXX in your /GAME/ folder. You can make on for PS1 games and one for homebrew. So it'd be like ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/CAT_Homebrew, ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/CAT_Playstation

Then just move the folders corresponding to each category. So homebrew would go in CAT_Homebrew, PS1 would go in CAT_Playstation.

After that, you should have an uncategorized folder, which should list PSP games.

sweet thanks a bunch my dude, so for now what i learnt from you is that , it is best not to update to a newer adrenaline as you said that newer versions would not support the save stated i made with e.g adrenaline v4, in case v5 came out.

and also i did all of the seplugin stuff correctly except for one thing, i did now think the cat xx stuff was important.
i will make sure to try that out later ,thank you !

@Tom Bombadildo hey mate, i think i messed up my save states now.
you see here's what i did, since henkaku became buggy with its latest update v9, the bug was that it won't implement the henkaku settings in the main settings of the vita.

Unless you force install henkaku, and that is what i did, and this messed up adrenaline, i had to reinstall it.
i first installed one which was the very first version or soemthing (with the easyinstaller)
and so i did, and the save states did not show , but then i copy/pasted the adrenaline suprx files (from the v4 zip) into the adrenaline folder to the ux0/adrenaline folder.

and then my save states showed up again but they do not load up, they give me an error after the 'please wait'
the error code is C1-2738-0. (and i actually believe this error was there even before i messed with anything,like trying to force install henkaku etc.)

what would you suggest i do ?
i think it's best to stay away from the save states at this point..

and also, now even after i force installed henkaku, i went on ahead and checked in settings and saw henkaku settings, so i was like 'okay ima try to reboot and try to install henkaku again without force installing to see if the henkaku settings will be there'

and so i did , and bam the henkaku settings were again not there , such a weird bug.
i hope the enso one will be more stable.
but i have no more hope for adrenaline's save states.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up