Gaming a brillient idea of a game

D

Deleted User

Hmm... I'm not sure. If there was some kind of talented coder (an ex-real-game-maker) who wanted to do this it could happen.

I just don't think, I'm sorry Hickey, you can do it, because it needs a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot of experience to do =\

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frown.gif
i know >.> damn my lack of skills

isnt there any one on gbatemp who can do this though?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
See, even if there were, it would take more than one person, unless you didn't mind them taken frickin' forever to do it, plus, what motivation would they have to work on someone else's project, in their own free time?

Not being mean, just trying to let you see some of the realities of it ...

I am financing a remake of Daggerfall, for the PC, using the latests Elder Scrolls tools ... it is unofficial, obviously, but note the key word ... financing ... I wanted it done, so did some others, with skills, and so I dropped some cash ... their skills + my cash = game gets made ...

And that, is how video games, and most everything else in life, gets made ... cash + skills.

You either need the cash or the skills or both ... just providing an idea isn't enough ...

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
For viruses, the DS could do a quick scan of the surrounding wireless networks before connecting to other players and create viruses based on SSIDs and MAC addresses of the wireless routers.

EDIT: Also, you could generate areas with this.

I'd just have the DS scan the area for wireless stuff, generate a "dungeon" and viruses based on that and maybe the time of day. Then you can just walk around and enable wireless connection to other players when you feel like it. Chips could be won b going through the "dungeons" and fighting viruses and the boss at the end. (The boss could just be chosen out of eight designs, and could get tougher as you repeatedly face it. Like in Battle Network.)

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont forget i started this topic as my idea i didnt think people would be this interested init :S so you can put me down all you want i just wish this idea came to reality

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
dont forget i started this topic as my idea i didnt think people would be this interested init :S so you can put me down all you want i just wish this idea came to reality
As much as I love this idea.
It's not going to happen anytime,anywere,or ever.
Unless the best Hackers,Coders,could pitch in on this.
Maybe if sombody started the project and need cash we could support by making donations,but still it would be extremely difficult.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a question, but Urza can you tell me why he might not just make a pong demo, and then come BACK to this thread when he is experienced enough.
Or someone can make it for us... PLZ someone.
as for funding, just do a load of surveys to a paypal account

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
Just a question, but Urza can you tell me why he might not just make a pong demo, and then come BACK to this thread when he is experienced enough.
Or someone can make it for us... PLZ someone.
as for funding, just do a load of surveys to a paypal account
It will most likely never happen, no one will make it for you unless you pay them money to do so. What your asking to do will most likely take years to complete unless you work on it full time which is unlikely due to work/school. Also this is no easy task, what your asking to do requires both knowledge and skill in 3D Modeling, meshing, skinning, textureing as well as knowledge of the DS hardware and how to program with C++ and so on. This is no childs play here, lesser homebrew games and software took many several years just to get it to the point where the game is playable. So don't expect anything right away,

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not to forget voice recognition.

Maybe a voice command OS organize with a pretty face instead of the current menu mite we the very beginnings... i've been brushing up on C again.. wanted to make an audio mixer app..

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dawn.wan said:

Maybe a voice command OS organize with a pretty face instead of the current menu mite we the very beginnings... i've been brushing up on C again.. wanted to make an audio mixer app..
Voice recogition isn;t easy you know,, companies have spent millions, if not billions into it and its still far from perfect. Also it may be possible on the Nintendo DS but due to the hardware limitations, it will be really shitty at best. Thats why all games so far only use the Mic to pick up sounds and not use it for voice recognition.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
dawn.wan said:

Voice recogition isn;t easy you know,, companies have spent millions, if not billions into it and its still far from perfect. Also it may be possible on the Nintendo DS but due to the hardware limitations, it will be really shitty at best. Thats why all games so far only use the Mic to pick up sounds and not use it for voice recognition.

I said "BLUE" not "YELLOW" god damn it!!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Japhle said:
Narin said:
dawn.wan said:

Something like that happened to me with a game on the PS2 that has voice recognition...oh how I hated that game. I kepted dying because I kepted saying shoot and the character on the screen would end up sitting down instead.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Japhle said:
Narin said:
dawn.wan said:

Something like that happened to me with a game on the PS2 that has voice recognition...oh how I hated that game. I kept dying because I kept saying shoot and the character on the screen would end up sitting down instead.

Ah yes, that game, I forgot the name however of that craptacular craptastic very crappified game though... Maybe I'll look it up and edit it into my post unless if Someone posts the name...

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well the good news is i made the pong game XD

the second good news is im starting betec 2nd diploma in games devolopment on the 22nd of may so wish me luck

D

Deleted User

Hickeyl said:
well the good news is i made the pong game XD

the second good news is im starting betec 2nd diploma in games devolopment on the 22nd of may so wish me luck

Could you upload it to GBATemp?
And which flashcarts have you tested it on?

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yea but not right now im currently using a liabary pc -.- the file is on my friends PC

an iv used it on the following

R4/M3
TTDS
AND CYCLONE DS

"sorry for bringing back a ded topic but i have strong passion for this idea lol :S"

Da-Huntha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lostmoment.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Before coding I recommend you learn some English along the way.
And I didn't say this to be mean, but yours is really terrible, especially if you are indeed 17 and live in England.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, sounds fun enough I'd probably bother with it.

If you're still working onthis, besides the general programming aspects of things you'll be doing to 'learn' programming, I suggest you gradually work on the things that are in your way, like learn how to use WiFi, and learn how to better stream things through it, learn 2d or 3d graphical programming (Not even close to as easy as it seems), then learning how to use voIP for voice recognition will be lol hard (And probably slow down the DS quite a bit... generally this is used only for obscure things in the DS, and generally it only either measures speed of wind, height of sound, or other such basics, nothing special [I suggest dropping this or releasing it fully without this and having it as a 'planned' feature]).

I'd honestly have to say that I'd be shocked if you decide to go through this for a few reasons
1)Most people won't even bother going as far as you have, but the few that do still drop the project once they find out how long it would take alone (If they can get some friends to help it'll speed up the process but still take long)
2)IF the rumors are true and Nintendo releases a brand new system (Might just be a new DS version, or just nothing) then it would all be for naught.

In any case though, good luck to you, and kudos for trying that much. IF this was your major in college (Or are you minoring?) I don't see how you got that far without the general curiosity to learn to program on your own, or at least learning the basics of.

--
His English isn't 'too' terrible, but you're right compared to an actual standard in the language it's bad. As for an online standard, the standards are so low that he's actually far above the line, in the 'legible' zone. Who knows he couold either be a lazy typer, or perhaps simply isn't that skilled in the language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz