TheMaxynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys! I have a problem.

I've been trying all day to downgrade my browser from the unexploitable version, to version 1.7567 v4096 (which is from 7.1.0-16E if I'm correct) so that I can run ninjhax again in my emuNAND. (I only have a .cia of Cubic Ninja so I want to do it in emuNAND). (Note: I have my emuNAND on 9.8.0-25E and I DO HAVE the boot.3dsx on the root of my SD card)
  • I've used 3DNUS to download title id: 0004003000009D02 version: 4096 and compile it as a .cia
  • I used Title Manager in my emuNAND to delete title Browser for EU. And then used it to install the compiled 3DNUS .cia .
  • No errors occured and I proceeded to open my browser (no crashes or anything) and it tells me that the browser is on version 1.7567 (which should be the exploitable 7.1.0-16E browser)
  • I open my Cubic Ninja and scan the QR Code: OLD 7 1 0 16 E
  • It downloads the exploit and I want to load it, pressing A twice
  • The exploit starts to run, but gets stuck at 40% and opens the web browser. It tries to reload the last web page I was in (the standard Nintendo website) and after that it gets stuck. I can't go back to the home menu, and the browser itself doesn't respond either. The only way to get out now is to hold the Power button.
What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appriciated! :)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys! I have a problem.

I've been trying all day to downgrade my browser from the unexploitable version, to version 1.7567 v4096 (which is from 7.1.0-16E if I'm correct) so that I can run ninjhax again in my emuNAND. (I only have a .cia of Cubic Ninja so I want to do it in emuNAND). (Note: I have my emuNAND on 9.8.0-25E and I DO HAVE the boot.3dsx on the root of my SD card)
  • I've used 3DNUS to download title id: 0004003000009D02 version: 4096 and compile it as a .cia
  • I used Title Manager in my emuNAND to delete title Browser for EU. And then used it to install the compiled 3DNUS .cia .
  • No errors occured and I proceeded to open my browser (no crashes or anything) and it tells me that the browser is on version 1.7567 (which should be the exploitable 7.1.0-16E browser)
  • I open my Cubic Ninja and scan the QR Code: OLD 7 1 0 16 E
  • It downloads the exploit and I want to load it, pressing A twice
  • The exploit starts to run, but gets stuck at 40% and opens the web browser. It tries to reload the last web page I was in (the standard Nintendo website) and after that it gets stuck. I can't go back to the home menu, and the browser itself doesn't respond either. The only way to get out now is to hold the Power button.
What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appriciated! :)

I'm making a flawless guide to run it correctly, seems to be your Sysnand verison instead of your EmuNAND, and on emunand you can't have aces to already patched exploits.

TheMaxynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm making a flawless guide to run it correctly, seems to be your Sysnand verison instead of your EmuNAND, and on emunand you can't have aces to already patched exploits.
No, I'm sure I'm on my emuNAND lol. My sysNAND is on 4.4.0-10E. This video seems to be doing exactly what I want. But like I explained in the OP, ninjhax gets stuck at 40% for me. It seems that my browser downgrade is successful though!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, I'm sure I'm on my emuNAND lol. My sysNAND is on 4.4.0-10E. This video seems to be doing exactly what I want. But like I explained in the OP, ninjhax gets stuck at 40% for me. It seems that my browser downgrade is successful though!

You should install the browser again but using FBI, since it has overwrite feature now.

Wich version is your emunand on?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ninjhax relies on exploits that have been patched in the actual firmware of updates 9.3.0 and newer. You can still downgrade your browser and perform RAM hacks through webkit ROP, but that's it. Ninjhax 1.0 cannot load on 9.8FW, regardless of whether or not it's SysNAND or EmuNAND.

Sharky48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi Guys,
Came upon this thread while researching my problem.

I have an Old 3DS XL with sysNAND 6.2.0-10E which I can't run Ninjhax of Browserhax on.
When I run Ninjhax, it gets to the screen where you can install to savegame or not. Then it goes to 40%, blinks and starts the browser. It loads a page, nothing comes on screen but the device freezes. What can I do here?

Is 6.2.0-10E the problem? Should I be on 6.2.0-12E for some reason?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi Guys,
Came upon this thread while researching my problem.

I have an Old 3DS XL with sysNAND 6.2.0-10E which I can't run Ninjhax of Browserhax on.
When I run Ninjhax, it gets to the screen where you can install to savegame or not. Then it goes to 40%, blinks and starts the browser. It loads a page, nothing comes on screen but the device freezes. What can I do here?

Is 6.2.0-10E the problem? Should I be on 6.2.0-12E for some reason?
Ninjhax 1.1 should work with that firmware version (2.x won't work below 9.0) but since you are on 6.2 it would be best to install rxTools, use rxTools Pasta Mode + sysupdater to update your 3DS to 9.2, and set up emuNAND + menuhax autoboot. Then you can install CIAs and use hblauncher_loader in your emuNAND to load homebrew.

Sharky48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried Ninjhax 1.1b, no succes. I tried launching/installing rxTools, also no succes. Tried new and old versions. Not even rxTools 2.6 worked.
Then I read in this thread:

If you've tried launching rxTools many times and you are always greeted by an error, and if you are below 9.0 firmware, there is a chance that your 3DS is, for some reason, unable to use rxTools 3.0. To overcome this issue, download rxTools 2.5.2

And it seems to work. I've succesfully updated my sysNAND to 9.2.0-20E
Thanks

Last edited by Sharky48,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood