8-bit Hip-Hop beats

Fellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that I should share this, there's this guy named "Samiyam", he makes Hip-Hop beats out of old Nintendo games, I thought it was interesting.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooof. That's almost good. Every single one of them is just off a beat slightly. There's no structure to what he's putting together. There's almost a beat, then he throws something else in place, and bam, it's all off.

It's lacking the flow.

Ok, listening to the last one you listed, and that one is ok... but there's not a lot to it.

I'd throw it into the "meh" area of "good/bad."

Fellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Ooof. That's almost good. Every single one of them is just off a beat slightly. There's no structure to what he's putting together. There's almost a beat, then he throws something else in place, and bam, it's all off.

It's lacking the flow.

Ok, listening to the last one you listed, and that one is ok... but there's not a lot to it.

I find your response very interesting, in fact, it's a perfect interpretation. Thanks for the feedback.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fellow said:
WildWon said:

It's lacking the flow.

I find your response very interesting, in fact, it's a perfect interpretation. Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to add that i like the direction he's going. I can hear it. With some work (a bit more structure) that shit will be hot. (i just need to be able to bounce my head to it
wink.gif
)

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:

It's lacking the flow.

you never heard of glitch-hop then????? glitchin' is bitchin'....its good stuff, you just gotta open your mind to it...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blainy said:
WildWon said:

It's lacking the flow.

you never heard of glitch-hop then????? glitchin' is bitchin'....its good stuff, you just gotta open your mind to it...

This has nothing to do with Glitch-hop. This is 8-bit hip hop. He hasn't glitched anything. And with the "hip-hop" tag, it should have a solid head-bob beat.

PS- i've done my fair share of glitch-tracking a few years back
lecture.gif
no need to "open my mind to it"
tongue.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I only listened to Fireball and it sounded like a 5-10 sec loop of the same tune with some "beat" tacked on to it, the tune itself reminded me of Ninja Gaiden (did I get that right ?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN