64drive vs Everdrive 64 2 vs Everdrive 64 v3?

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to research these but I can't find much. From what I can see he Everdrive v2 and v3 are exactly the same but the v3 doesn't need to be reset to save and it can play Pokemon Stadium 2 and Animal Crossing with Real Time Clock. But what other differences are there in compatibility between the Everdrive and 64drive? I heard that the 64drive will play 64DD games now but the Everdrive cannot.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
The Everdrive 64 CAN play 64DD games. Last time I knew, they just need to be converted into a different format first. The Everdrive forums has threads about it. As for the 64Drive, I don't know much about it, but it is supposedly a very good cart as well. I'd personally recommend the Everdrive because I know that it works very well and has a helpful and active community.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...for only $450...
Wait, what cost $450, the 64drive? Don't know the price for that one but the everdrive 64, the version 3 at least, cost pretty much $200, about the price of super smash bros plus all 3 mario party games on 64 combined. Sounds good to have the complete n64 library for only a couple hundred compared to paying tons of money for a lot of the good n64 games in a bulk buy or seperate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm trying to research these but I can't find much. From what I can see he Everdrive v2 and v3 are exactly the same but the v3 doesn't need to be reset to save and it can play Pokemon Stadium 2 and Animal Crossing with Real Time Clock. But what other differences are there in compatibility between the Everdrive and 64drive? I heard that the 64drive will play 64DD games now but the Everdrive cannot.
Everdrive 64 can also play Aleck64 arcade games.

Last edited by cvskid,

Puck00718

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Jack's diy by famicom everdrive n8 for nes . Does anyone know where to get the os . Any game I try to play goes to a gray screen whenever I load it .and that's with krikzz os v13.

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
64drive is $199 too. Both have a few weeks waiting list to get. But which one is better, the 64drive or the Everdrive 3? I followed the story of the guy making the 64drive a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool but too expensive. Is the compatibility the same? Differences in cheat functions? I can't really find a lot about the differences between the two and it's really quite a lot of money so I want to be sure I choose the right one before buying one.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have just purchased an Everdrive 64 v2.5. Awaiting it's arrival and will give my impression when I get it. The only real benefit of the v3 I could see was the saving features being much easier. But I couldn't justify the extra $70 for that convince.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an everdrive v2. I can't live without it, the thing is amazing. And I can play DD games by patching the roms... so there's that.
I would like to play Pokemon Stadium 2 flawless but hey, a few slight graphical glitches are fine. I may upgrade to v3 later but for now I'm happy.

edit: the main difference between a v2 and a v2.5 is the usb port is not available on the 2.5... whereas on the 2 it is optional. v3 reintroduces an optional usb port iirc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night