Hacking 6.39 ME-4 thoughts

Xoo00o0o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally love this firmware seeing as I have psn access, dual boot, and compatability with almost all games. What are your thoughts?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've only recently come back to PSP hacking so would also be interested to know what's better about MEv4. I'm currently using 6.39 PRO-B7 (permanent) but if MEv4 is better in some way then I might try it.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Works great, i personally dualboot 6.39 ME and 6.39 PRO, i find that ME is more compatible with 6.xx plugins, possibly since most of them are updated/ported by Neur0n himself.
ME seems to me, the 6.xx version of M33 as it beginning to contain most of M33's features like ms speed hack and ISO video mount (excluding popsloader support and 5.xx specific plugins).
Also now that Neur0n joined the PRO team, there should little difference between the two, and PRO are now including features of ME like ms speed hack and iso video mount.

On a sidenote, latest version of ME is now 6.39 ME-5
Full CFW version (PSP 1000/2000 non Ta-088v3 only) here
Lite CFW version,non permanent (All PSPs except PSP Go) here
Changelog said:
Added RecoveryMenu option in VshMenu.
-- Fixed OE driver bug.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
Since switching to it inhale to say it is great, it works so much better then the pro firmwares that are now and psn is also nice to have.
pro-b6 fix 2 also has psn access, doesn't it?

45gc said:
Works great, i personally dualboot 6.39 ME and 6.39 PRO, i find that ME is more compatible with 6.xx plugins, possibly since most of them are updated/ported by Neur0n himself.
ME seems to me, the 6.xx version of M33 as it beginning to contain most of M33's features like ms speed hack and ISO video mount (excluding popsloader support and 5.xx specific plugins).
Also now that Neur0n joined the PRO team, there should little difference between the two, and PRO are now including features of ME like ms speed hack and iso video mount.

On a sidenote, latest version of ME is now 6.39 ME-5
Full CFW version (PSP 1000/2000 non Ta-088v3 only) here
Lite CFW version,non permanent (All PSPs except PSP Go) here
ChangelogAdded RecoveryMenu option in VshMenu.
-- Fixed OE driver bug.
Is the perma patch the only thing lacking in the LCFW version? I thought it didn't have ISO video mount.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
you can use a version.txt in your seplugins folder to gain access to PSN. this also bypasses the media go firmware check.

i personally don't see how MEs are better than the PROs.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
Yes, it does
QUOTE(s4mid4re @ Jun 9 2011, 10:52 PM) Is the perma patch the only thing lacking in the LCFW version? I thought it didn't have ISO video mount.
Yes the only thing missing from the LCFW version should be the permanent patch (custom ipl).It's really only for those PSPs that cannot support the full cfw version
Yes it has iso video mount, it can be seen in the vsh menu (well the full cfw version does anyway, dont know about the lcfw version, although it should have it )

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
clonesniper666 said:
it works so much better then the pro firmwares

Why do you say that?

When I tried both 6.20 pro B-6 with permanent patch and the 6.39 pro B-6 it would freeze my system when I tried to access any thing under the settings such as usb, themes, etc. After that happened I tried the 6.39 ME-4 and have had no problem such as freezing and all games I have work great on it using the Sony driver to load them.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Either way that's an experience unique to you and not necessarily a PRO firmware issue. I am just VERY tentative with Neur0n's stuff because of his early history.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
xist said:
clonesniper666 said:
it works so much better then the pro firmwares

Why do you say that?

When I tried both 6.20 pro B-6 with permanent patch and the 6.39 pro B-6 it would freeze my system when I tried to access any thing under the settings such as usb, themes, etc. After that happened I tried the 6.39 ME-4 and have had no problem such as freezing and all games I have work great on it using the Sony driver to load them.
QUOTE(Rydian @ Jun 10 2011, 03:07 PM)
Sounds like a plugin you were using.
but that does mean that ME has more plugin support, doesn't it?

@clonesniper666: which version (CFW or LCFW) did you use on your psp? That might have made a big difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.