Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Im using a PS4 Pro on 5.05
last night I ran APPTOUSB 5.0x V2 by Stooged
I left my PS4 transferring over night and it was powered off in the morning.
The USB drive is a 4TB Hard drive (exfat) (plugged in at the back)
Under settings there is only system storage displayed and only 1.68TB is detected. It's a 4TB drive.
Is there a fix?

Thanks

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dont worry about the total that the ps4 displays on internal or eternal HD , it happend the to me it just bring wrong info , i keep putting movies and other stuffs in my external 4 tb HDD , i just check the free storage in the notebook .
And i have installed 110 games , as well as movies , and still have a lot of free space

Reactions: peteruk

cramhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The internal storage was 817.5GB/1TB before APPStoUSB transfer.
System storage is displayed as 817.5GB/1.64TB
I'll keep going and see what happens....
Thanks

Reactions: matias3ds

goukifafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its down to partitioning it, i would suggest deleting the volume, repartitioning it on windows and it will state "GPD" i think its called to utilise all the storage, the same compatibility is in windows also. (right click windows icon bottom left, "disk management" select the disk you use, right click its partition, delete. right click the disk again and it will ask if you want to proceed with GPD. change it to it and select yes.

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
its down to partitioning it, i would suggest deleting the volume, repartitioning it on windows and it will state "GPD" i think its called to utilise all the storage, the same compatibility is in windows also. (right click windows icon bottom left, "disk management" select the disk you use, right click its partition, delete. right click the disk again and it will ask if you want to proceed with GPD. change it to it and select yes.
hmm..."GPT" I think you meant that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I reached my 1.64TB limiit and it's saying it's out of storage. DEFFO A 4TB DRIVE! :)

as goukifafa said, you will need to delete the drive current partition then convert it to GPT instead of MBR, MBR has the partition's limit as 2TB.

These steps below will erase all current data in the drive.

1. Plug the drive to PC using windows 10, press windows keyboard, enter " disk partition" it will display the option "Create and format hard disk partitions" from control panel, click on it. The disk management will be opened.
2. Now it will display all your hard drive/ssd connected to the system via sata/usb. Then you must delete your 4TB partition.
3. After the partition is gone, right click on the drive and choose "convert to GPT", when it's done, create new partition with the whole 4TB.

Then your PS4 should see the whole drive.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,
D

Deleted User

I think you are just confused and the people replying are confused here is how it works.

App2usb is basically a dirty pointing hack. So you never see your external hd's storage truly displayed. What happens is as you add data to your usb you will notice the size of your internal partition increase (as I believe you have done as 1.64 is an odd number). Am I right did your ps4 come stock with 1tb? Now you just need to use the newly freed space on the internal to install more games. Than simply repeat the process. If you read what sean wrote to yourself a few times you may just begin to understand. Than you can have something like this:

Good luck!

D

Deleted User

We would need op to confirm my hunch but if you follow along with what I posted all you need is the following. An exfat drive. I would recommend one that is USB 3.0 or 3.1 compatible. You need to make sure you are using the same port you used to install the pkg to internal. Run app2usb. You should notice that you now have some space remaining on internal and a slightly larger partition in storage. Install more games to internal. Wash, rinse, repeat. But let me tell you. I was high when I read the other suggestions and boy did I laugh till my belly hurt...

Upon review it looks like Jakkal did try to explain he was just vague and it led to the other fellows really confusing the op.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo