Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If you took the high road, stopped responding and focused on your project this would burn out. Until then it's gonna be the same situation, both sides say their opinion until the topic gets locked again.

I'm just testing a new algorithm that allows to stabilize effective frequencies up to 2400 MHz for memory on ERISTA samples. Even more free performance.

usagi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/rashevskyv/4ifir-mirrors/blob/main/README_ENG.md
Dunno if Cooler3D fully provided xHR with instructions to describe every little detail on this page and it might be incomplete for the time being, so as you can see it’s at least a step to some direction with so much requested github page. It’s really recent description so you might understand what condition 4ifir is right now, as well as by videos and pictures provided by Cooler3D “in action” in this thread.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*A lot* of trash has been removed. This matter has been explained a thousand times, but it seems some people need a reminder. Users choose to overclock their consoles at their own risk. All modifications carry risk, regardless of whether they’re within generally agreed upon safety limits or not - you’re de facto running the unit out of spec. So long as that risk is acknowledged, people are welcome to do so by any means they fancy. If someone wants to overclock to a dangerous level, or butcher their console with a soldering iron in one hand and a rosary in the other, or install a piece of software from a dodgy website, or shove a soggy piece of toast into their cartridge slot, god speed - it’s their machine and they can do whatever they want with it. If you don’t like it, there’s an easy fix - close the tab.

In the case of 4FIR, the suite has zero training wheels and it will allow you to far exceed the aforementioned and agreed upon safety limits of overclocking a Nintendo Switch, which is *fine* - the consequences of exceeding them are entirely on the end user. The reason why the software is no longer linked on GBATemp is because the package was not GPL-compliant, and we’re not going to host it or link to it until it is. It’s the rules. That being said, users are free to discuss the suite to their heart’s content.

The next person who causes any mischief in here will be sent on week-long holiday to reconsider their life choices. The staff is not going to waste time plucking out worthwhile fragments of what amounts to shitposting and spam - they’ll be deleted, and the responsible parties will be held accountable.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
*A lot* of trash has been removed. This matter has been explained a thousand times, but it seems some people need a reminder. Users choose to overclock their consoles at their own risk. All modifications carry risk, regardless of whether they’re within generally agreed upon safety limits or not - you’re de facto running the unit out of spec. So long as that risk is acknowledged, people are welcome to do so by any means they fancy. If someone wants to overclock to a dangerous level, or butcher their console with a soldering iron in one hand and a rosary in the other, or install a piece of software from a dodgy website, or shove a soggy piece of toast into their cartridge slot, god speed - it’s their machine and they can do whatever they want with it. If you don’t like it, there’s an easy fix - close the tab.

In the case of 4FIR, the suite has zero training wheels and it will allow you to far exceed the aforementioned and agreed upon safety limits of overclocking a Nintendo Switch, which is *fine* - the consequences of exceeding them are entirely on the end user. The reason why the software is no longer linked on GBATemp is because the package was not GPL-compliant, and we’re not going to host it or link to it until it is. It’s the rules. That being said, users are free to discuss the suite to their heart’s content.

The next person who causes any mischief in here will be sent on week-long holiday to reconsider their life choices. The staff is not going to waste time plucking out worthwhile fragments of what amounts to shitposting and spam - they’ll be deleted, and the responsible parties will be held accountable.
Thank you for laying some order here, I appreciate it :)

Anyways, is the Switch-OC-Suite still gonna be maintained by you Cooler?

Last edited by AngryCinnabon,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you for laying some order here, I appreciate it :)
Combing through this tangled web of trash posts and *replies to the trash posts* that de facto need to be deleted as well is more trouble than it’s worth. Next time someone’s trolling, just ignore them and move along - makes it easier for everybody.

AI7EN

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That link whitescreen doesnt load. but arent you meaning oc suite? 4fir doesnt have configurator.

I appearently have this memory
LPDDR4X_HOAG_4GB_SAMSUNG_K4U6E3S4AA_MGCL = 19, // Die-A. (1y-X03). 2nd gen. 8 banks. 4266
Loader.kip from 4ifir can be edited in this configurator. I had to remove part of the link, because the forum does not allow to publish such things.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have time for this, do it yourself, I will give you access to edit. Be helpful to the community. I don't owe you anything.

The main problem is your presence and impenetrable stubbornness. Millions of downloads. Zero bricks. Once again: Millions of downloads. Hundreds of thousands of unique installations. Zero bricks. And until the second figure becomes a significant share of the first, do not tell us about any problem, do not invent a problem where it does not exist.
1) The make clean was a friendly observation nothing more really.
2) Your statement is basically false, exceeding limits is what overclocking is all about I get that. Just acknowledge that hey, there are actual issues other than GPL licenses.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Anyways, is the Switch-OC-Suite still gonna be maintained by you Cooler?

Sure. Why not? Soon I will going to upload everything to the GitHub repository so that the project retains its authenticity, as I intended.
Right now I'm doing ReverseNX-RT, the version from KazushiMe (including the release) contained an error.

Is this overclocking suport fw 16 with atmos 15.1 sir?

Yes. Both OC Suite and 4IFIR backward compatible.

Combing through this tangled web of trash posts and *replies to the trash posts* that de facto need to be deleted as well is more trouble than it’s worth. Next time someone’s trolling, just ignore them and move along - makes it easier for everybody.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the bother. I will try to take your advice on the assignment.

• Love
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for HOS16 version.. Decided to try it for first time, but overlays are crashing for me.

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your attention to the project. The version with full support for HOS16 is almost ready.
I'm not quite a fan of "packs" - always did the atmosphere + whatever homebrew\modules I needed install manually, but decided to finally check it out. Partially, probably, after reading your "diary" on TG. :D

Reactions: xHR

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm not quite a fan of "packs" - always did a atmosphere + whatever homebrew\modules I needed to install manually, but decided to finally check it out. Partially, probably, after reading your "diary" on TG. :D

Believe it or not, I myself am not a fan of redundancy. The sum of 4IFIR features and optimizations literally forces me to distribute the project in the AIO CFW format. However, almost all components contain certain changes, and are assembled from the code directly during the assembly of 4IFIR.
I hope 4IFIR will not disappoint you.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@linuxares why was my post deleted? All I did was point out that gbatemp is being infested by brand new accounts shilling 4IFIR. Go and take a look at all the recent posts in the two 4IFIR threads.

I then linked to a very informative post by a respected scene member which analyzed this poor Switch-OC-Suite edit. In my opinion neither of those things warranted deleting my post.

Now the only question is why? Why is this Cooler3D character so desperate for attention, the constant barrage of marketing style language and flashy numbers all designed to appeal to less experienced users. I've honestly never seen anything so desperate in the Switch scene. Does Cooler3D crave the approval of others or is there something more sinister at work here?
ok, well how about a non-new account shilling for Cooler.

In all honesty, I never understood the hate for cooler, maybe it's because I'm not American or Russian, but instead I'm just another human who wants to see more interesting projects being developed on switch.

I'll read up on what those projects are then decide for myself if it's something I wanna try out.

Modifying your device is always at your own risk, if I brick my device then I have no one to blame but myself. I knew what I signed up for.

At the end of the day, can we please stock bickering in here and just let the developers in the community develop without back seat driving their projects.

Last edited by Thorhax,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok, well how about a non-new account shilling for Cooler.

In all honesty, I never understood the hate for cooler, maybe it's because I'm not American or Russian, but instead I'm just another human who wants to see more interesting projects being developed on switch.

I'll read up on what those projects are then decide for myself if it's something I wanna try out.

Modifying your device is always at your own risk, if I brick my device then I have no one to blame but myself. I knew what I signed up for.

At the end of the day, can we please stock bickering in here and just let the developers in the community develop without back seat driving their projects.
The big point of contention is that some of the claims made are unrealistic and, more likely than not, the figures a Switch is reporting are erroneous when reaching frequencies so close to redlining the unit altogether. A “300% increase” in performance due to an overclock is just not a thing, you’d have to measure those readings externally, and ain’t nobody got time for that. When it comes to CPU’s and GPU’s, they will often oscillate between the set frequency, momentarily achieve it and then immediately step down to save themselves from going critical, which is why on PC overclocking results require validation, not just a recorded score. There’s also no shortage of chips that will simply report whatever frequency the user set and expects to see, but internally they’re struggling. Even measurements of FPS aren’t gospel, both that and “LCD overclocking” (on panels on which it’s even possible) require validation with external tools to be truly believable. As far as I’m concerned it’s no harm no foul, if a user wants to see a bigger number because it makes them feel better, or if they perceive an increase in performance beyond recommended settings (even when on the high end of the spectrum, realistically, they’re not really perceptible), good for them. There’s also the problem of power draw - while the silicon itself will (generally) protect itself from going critical and spontaneously failing, the same can’t be said about power delivery. Exceeding current capacity can lead to burnt out traces, so there’s a real danger there if heat can’t be sunk in time - it has to go somewhere. In my eyes that’s the end user’s responsibility, not the tool creator’s. All modifications carry risk of damage to hardware, informed consent is important in these matters. These are things people should be aware of when they use tools like this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, can you measure the actual improvement from OC Suite / 4IFIR pls?
So we can have a clear vision.
thx.
You’d need lab equipment for that. Refresh rate for instance is measured with an incredibly sensitive on-screen sensor that detects even minute changes in light levels. To check power consumption you’d have to splice the battery cable or better yet, the power line that leads to the component (past the VRM) and put two meters in-line - one for amperage and one for voltage. Since we’re dealing with incredibly small adjustments that the average off-the-shelf meter isn’t likely to detect, you’d need a big brand, like a Fluke, and not a hobby one either. For frequency you’d need an oscilloscope. This isn’t something you can accurately determine in software - the average “professional overclocker” has more wires hanging off the motherboard than they have fingers. I’m afraid I’m not Kingpin - because the overclock is so high and the results so inherently hard to believe, the readings can’t be trusted. We can only speculate based on performance curves - if an overclock to 1900MHz gives you, say, 15% increase in performance while an additional 100MHz gives you 300% out of nowhere, you can put that result directly in the bin - performance increases are diminishing along the curve. In fact, you can safely dismiss a 300% increase in performance in just about any scenario - that doesn’t happen, it’s not a realistic figure. If Nintendo could triple the performance of the Switch with no adjustments made to the silicon, they’d do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...