Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

TheFlash-55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have pokemon y save problem? I installed pokemon y cia (I didn't convert to .cia.I downloaded as a cia.) and it works but when i try to save game crashes and reboots the 3ds to sysnand. Anyone fixed this problem or how i can fix it?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone have pokemon y save problem? I installed pokemon y cia (I didn't convert to .cia.I downloaded as a cia.) and it works but when i try to save game crashes and reboots the 3ds to sysnand. Anyone fixed this problem or how i can fix it?

At first: Downloading Games is something we don't really want to see here (I'm against piracy).
You cannot save Pokemon Y on CFW. It's a known bug

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any one help me i have this problem when i launch run.bat
s3wA0Y.png

my only solution was to use a Win7 PC. not sure why but yours and my Win8.1 doesn't like it. worked perfect on Win7

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is because it uses 6.X saving. CFW doesn't support any games above 6.0 (or even above 4.5). You can try to spoof, which sometimes works, but if the saving is 6.0X, then it won't work. For the same reason Pokemon Art Academy, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter, etc. All won't work.

Play a clean retail cartridge in your emunand 9.4 if you want to play pokemon (that means a new file too). If you want to pirate it, get a gateway.

TheFlash-55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At first: Downloading Games is something we don't really want to see here (I'm against piracy).
You cannot save Pokemon Y on CFW. It's a known bug

I'm sorry but isn't CFW is for piracy? Anyway i dont want to talk about that thanks for answer :)

This is because it uses 6.X saving. CFW doesn't support any games above 6.0 (or even above 4.5). You can try to spoof, which sometimes works, but if the saving is 6.0X, then it won't work. For the same reason Pokemon Art Academy, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter, etc. All won't work.

Play a clean retail cartridge in your emunand 9.4 if you want to play pokemon (that means a new file too). If you want to pirate it, get a gateway.

Thanks for answer :) I installed emunand 9.4 i think i will get retail cartridge

TheFlash-55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry but isn't CFW is for piracy? Anyway i dont want to talk about that thanks for answer :)

Thanks for answer :) I installed emunand 9.4 i think i will get retail cartridge

Edit: In my country 3ds games are very expensive and i'm student so i installed cfw and used it for games. (Really Expensive) Anyway i always buy pc games from steam and i don't like piracy too.

slainfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit! I've compiled the latest version of makerom from git, but whenever I try to compile a cia, I get a segmentation fault.
Here's the command I run:
Code:
$ makerom -f cia -target t -desc app:2 -icon exefs/icon.bin -code exefs/code.bin
-banner exefs/banner.bin -logo exefs/logo.bin -exefslogo -exheader dec_exheader.bin -romfs dec_romfs.bin -rsf cia.rsf -o Ocarina.cia -v

Here's my rsf file:
Code:
BasicInfo:
  Title                  : "LoZOoT"
  CompanyCode            : "00"
  ProductCode            : "CTR-P-AQEE"
  ContentType            : Application # Application / SystemUpdate / Manual / Child / Trial
  Logo                    : Nintendo # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem

TitleInfo:
  UniqueId                : 0x0335
  Category                : Application

Option:
  UseOnSD                : true # true if App is to be #installed to SD
  EnableCompress          : true # Compresses exefs code
  FreeProductCode        : true # Removes limitations on ProductCode
  EnableCrypt            : true # Enables encryption for NCCH and CIA
  MediaFootPadding        : true # If true CCI files are created with padding

AccessControlInfo:
  ExtSaveDataId: 0x0335 # same as UniqueId
  SystemSaveDataId1: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
  SystemSaveDataId2: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId1: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId2: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId3: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  UseOtherVariationSaveData : false

SystemControlInfo:
  SaveDataSize: 128K # plaintext exheader
  RemasterVersion: 0000 # plaintext exheader
  StackSize: 0x00004000 # plaintext exheader
  JumpId: 0x0004000000033500L # plaintext exheader (<full UniqueID>L)
And here's the output:
Code:
[NCCH WARNING] NCCH AES Key could not be loaded, NCCH will not be encrypted
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Does anyone know why this is?

This is down to a small bug where makerom tries to close romfs_decrypted.bin, after it's already been closed. Comment out ncch.c:130 from latest git HEAD and try again, and you should find that it works. :) Need to do further testing on this, but if it seems stable, I'll make a pull request and get it into Relys Git repo.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i want to change my micro sd 8 gb with 16 gb what i have to do?Just simply copy/paste or i have to do again the same shit?

you've got to do it all over again. I tried just copy/paste my 16gb to a new 32gb.

had to start from scratch to get everything back the way it was...only positive is that since I've done it once I kinda get it more than going in blindly.

took me about 10 mins (outside of file read/writing processes) to get back to where i was.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why can't you use emunand tool, extract then format new sd card with gateway launcher, then inject.

Or Dump your whole SD Card as Image (Win32DiskImager), restore your Dump on the new SD Card and resize your FAT32 Partition with EaseUS Partition Master?
You don't need to format your New SD Card for Emunand, the Image of your old SD card is doing it for you

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry, the current links are nothing more than spam. They give you the run around and try and trick you into installing stuff you don't want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ