Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

didix16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In case anyone was interested, I successfully used SaveDataFiler on the CFW to extract the save from the card1 Luigi's Mansion cartridge, but I couldn't restore it to the .cia version on Gateway emunand, it always gave a "Failure" message. Haven't tried doing it as a card2 .3ds rom, not sure it'll help.

Please help me! I have the same error. I've successfully installed DevMenu on CFW but when install SaveDataFilter and execute it then I get SD Card extracted error... What I need to do? I'm desperated...:cry:

Thanks in advice.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then create a better one.....

Ask. anybody. They'll agree. Always failed to connect. About a 1 in 5 chance of acually STARTING. It was literally put together in "about 10 minutes".
It shouldn't matter, but it's worth a try I guess. This cfw and ctrclient are both barely-functioning, hacked-together crap, so don't be surprised if you never get it working.

Lol

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How to install devmenu/savedatafler on CFW?
Im tried to load from gateway multi menu a devmenu to install cia version, but also from gw menu, devmenu dont load (dont displayed)... how you use savedata and devmenu on cfw then?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im tried to load from gateway multi menu a devmenu to install cia version, but also from gw menu, devmenu dont load (dont displayed)... how you use savedata and devmenu on cfw then?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

EDIT: sorry for MOD and admin, for 3 post, ist fault f my fu*king conenction/browser that seem dont load my question >_>

thuytinh266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First disable your internet password, then disable internet firewall, the check your 3ds connect to internet?. make sure you have only one connection (connection 1).

then try to run

if it still failed to connect.

try to back up system nand again in your 4.xx fw, and use this nand to do every step again (this is what I do, and always got connection). remember you need to do 13 step, and 14 from first page first.

thuytinh266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First disable your internet password, then disable internet firewall, the check your 3ds connect to internet?. make sure you have only one connection (connection 1).

then try to run

if it still failed to connect.

try to back up system nand again in your 4.xx fw, and use this nand to do every step again (this is what I do, and always got connection). remember you need to do 13 step, and 14 from first page first.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i need full CFW?
Because i use NTR CFW, just make 4.5 emunand with GW launcher 2.2 and no more... for plugin usage :P But is still a cfw, not?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask. anybody. They'll agree. Always failed to connect. About a 1 in 5 chance of acually STARTING. It was literally put together in "about 10 minutes".

Lol

Honestly, it is a piece of crap. But IMO it's better than nothing.

So i need full CFW?
Because i use NTR CFW, just make 4.5 emunand with GW launcher 2.2 and no more... for plugin usage :P But is still a cfw, not?

Different CFW's dude. The Govanify/Palantine CFW is the one that can run custom CIAs/devmenu/backups. The NTR CFW doesn't run that stuff and only has the plugin thing. Just because it's custom doesn't mean you can run unsigned code.

Reactions: Assasin1990

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, it is a piece of crap. But IMO it's better than nothing.

Different CFW's dude. The Govanify/Palantine CFW is the one that can run custom CIAs/devmenu/backups. The NTR CFW doesn't run that stuff and only has the plugin thing. Just because it's custom doesn't mean you can run unsigned code.

But with this i can use ntrclient or i forced need a Govanify/Palantine CFW?

alxz0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rinnegatamante
If u convert the games region free they will be region free. otherwise u can find region free cia´s just google for 3ds cia games and u find them.

i seen alot of people having problem installing the dev menu in cfw.

Had that problem and figure it out that the emunand has wrong formated in gateway. if you manage to login to CFW(after the flickering white screen boot) and if it crashes if u go to web browser or any other thing then you have to redo the emunand format(from part 5).
Figure it out when i couldnt do anything and tried it again and TADAM it worked.

My other problem later was to install the devmenu with the *.bat file.
I figure it out that it was the router blocking something. i think it most be some special port but couldnt figure out what port so i used my other router with DD-wrt :-) and open all port s and dissabled firewall and after some times it finally installed Devmenu.
I have installed it on 3 diffrent 3DS and most say it was easier if i had more then 1 bat file on.

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I would really love for bravely default to work on cfw, but I don't know how to get it to install on cfw. I have converted the 3ds to cia and imported it with big blue manager, but when I go to boot the game; nada. I go back into the manager and it shows up as installed CTR. The game is not on firmware higher than 6.1 and I spoofed the firmware and even tried emunand, but nothing. What am I doing wrong here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1