Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried it and imported the save fine from the cartridge into the CIA-converted Luigi's Mansion.
Didn't have to create save data or anything. Just installed it and imported the save right away.

Are you sure your conversion went alright and the resultant game had the proper unique id? (0055F)
Haha no it doesn't, that's what I get for being lazy and downloading someone else's cia instead of making my own :D
Many thanks, will try this properly!

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am sorry that i ask again but i need to understand the use of emunand and CFW. I mean i own a fw 9.2 3ds xl and an ordinary r4isdhc flashcard. If in the future there is a CFW combatible with my firmware, i couldn install cia games without the risk to break my console? And secondly this CFW creates something like Gateway emunand? Thanks.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CFW is pretty much the same as a 4.5 emunand. You can install games safely on the CFW.

You just should not install anything on your sysnand, that is, on Gateway mode without emunand.

I am sorry that i ask again but i need to understand the use of emunand and CFW. I mean i own a fw 9.2 3ds xl and an ordinary r4isdhc flashcard. If in the future there is a CFW combatible with my firmware, i couldn install cia games without the risk to break my console? And secondly this CFW creates something like Gateway emunand? Thanks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
this only works on 4.x and nobody knows what gateway 9.x solution is, it may just be cart emulation, in which case no stuff like this would ever really work with it.....plus no devs really have any desire to fix this "cfw" up as it was a leak which was never meant to be public in the first place.......unless some talented dev turns up who doesnt care about such things i doubt this cfw will ever really be getting much more in terms of support, possibly just making it more stable, but no real dev work on it to add features

majinspyda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i managed to install pokemon x.cia and everytime i attempt to save the game crashes.

i presume because its on firmware 4.5 and pokemon needs 6.x plus for save files this is the reason?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i managed to install pokemon x.cia and everytime i attempt to save the game crashes.

i presume because its on firmware 4.5 and pokemon needs 6.x plus for save files this is the reason?
Nobody told us the reason but it seems Pokemon XY crashes when verifying the save data (it saves fine, we can extract the data with SaveDataFiler).
Maybe it's an error in the CFW, because it works fine on a 4.5 emunand.

majinspyda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody told us the reason but it seems Pokemon XY crashes when verifying the save data (it saves fine, we can extract the data with SaveDataFiler).
Maybe it's an error in the CFW, because it works fine on a 4.5 emunand.
i noticed that after saving it does not create the extra data on the sd card like the regular eshop game. could this be a reason as well

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried it and imported the save fine from the cartridge into the CIA-converted Luigi's Mansion.
Didn't have to create save data or anything. Just installed it and imported the save right away.

Are you sure your conversion went alright and the resultant game had the proper unique id? (0055F)
Actually I just checked again - the cia I used had the right id for the Euro version, which is what I have. So if that wasn't the problem, I still don't know what is.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm not according to essh,

0004000000076400 28688B6E ind-agg jLuigis_Mansion_2_JPN_3DS-iND
0004000000055F00 41A30E32 v-lmdm Luigis_Mansion_Dark_Moon_USA_3DS-VENOM
0004000000076500 6343F1E2 ctr-aggp Luigis.Mansion.2.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm not according to essh,

0004000000076400 28688B6E ind-agg jLuigis_Mansion_2_JPN_3DS-iND
0004000000055F00 41A30E32 v-lmdm Luigis_Mansion_Dark_Moon_USA_3DS-VENOM
0004000000076500 6343F1E2 ctr-aggp Luigis.Mansion.2.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST
whoa so not all games follow that rule.

Anyway I can only tell you to dump and convert your own cart.
I think it impossible that it works for the american version and not for the european one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1