Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just bought a PCIe 1x USB 3.0 card from DinoDirect. Thing is pretty awesome.

Link: http://www.dinodirect.com/pci-e-card-low-p...rt-usb-3-0.html

Goes in the PCI slot on my pc, powered with a 4 pin Molex connector. Gonna be useful because I didn't have any other 3.0 ports, so as it becomes the standard and more wide-spread this will be a very useful add-in card. Gonna need some time to actually use it for a bit until I can give a full review, but I am liking it already. Within the next few days I am gonna re-copy my whole Wii library to my Seagate GoFlex over the USB 3.0 cable since I can use it now, and see how long that takes (will do it a few times) as opposed to USB 2.0.

pci-e-card-low-profile-high-speed-4-port-usb-3-0-1329790-Gallay.jpg

Anyway, tempers, given my work and family schedule, I will get a good, in-depth review of this up asap. Honestly I haven't even seen them in retail stores (was looking at PCI cards in BestBuy, looking for a wireless NIC but seems everyone went USB now
unsure.gif
) but I am surprised this was as cheap as it is (was expecting cards to be more along the 60 dollar range for a 3.0 add-in)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
but I am surprised this was as cheap as it is (was expecting cards to be more along the 60 dollar range for a 3.0 add-in)
its made in china, cheaply manufactured, unreliable parts, and no company backing it up if it breaks
its not that surprising

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
plasma dragon007 said:
but I am surprised this was as cheap as it is (was expecting cards to be more along the 60 dollar range for a 3.0 add-in)
its made in china, cheaply manufactured, unreliable parts, and no company backing it up if it breaks
its not that surprising

Yeah I suppose thats true, but tbqh I have had pretty good luck with China-based no-name products (for the most part). Only things I have really had trouble with were multiple memory card readers from DX. But, they're the .98 to 1.50 ones... cant be too shocked about that.

Edit

QUOTE(myuusmeow @ Jun 21 2011, 06:14 PM)
That's PCI-e x1 and not PCI right?

Yeah, they are, my bad. I wrote this at what, I think 2:00 AM (ish) so I was very tired... I don't even have the time zone set for gbatemp (need to fix that now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work