Hardware 3DS XL Faulty

bigbearrossa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently purchased a 3DS XL and it seems to have a non common issue.

If you plug the charger in you it will turn on, take the charger off it turns off.

I have purchased a new battery from eBay to see if the battery is the issue, but now i am thinking it could potentially be something else has anyone seen the same issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it a brand new 3DS XL?
It could be caused by the fuse near the battery. Open it and test it with a multimeter (continuity test or ohm meter). If there is no continuity, you need to short it or replace the fuse. Or maybe you need to return it to the seller.

Also when you plug in the charger, does the charging light turn on for a few seconds, then it turn off by itself? If yes, the fuse (F2) is broken.
3DS_XL_fusible_03.jpg

bigbearrossa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No i purchased it as faulty, yes the light comes on and looks as if it is charging.

You can play game's etc with the charger plugged in but as soon as you remove the charger it goes dead.

So no charge is getting to the battery at all??

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When the F2 fuse is blown, the battery is disconnected even when it is placed right.
Mine is also blown. So I shorted it. However it is not safe and have some risks.

F2 is used to protect the mainboard from battery malfunction like over current. If you use original battery, I think you can just remove the fuse and short it (If you also have soldering skill). It should be an easy task. Good luck.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course shorting it is not the recommended way (though it is the easiest)

you could buy a new fuse. I don't know the rating on it though. and size may be an issue but the 3ds does have a fair amount of extra room in it.

D

Deleted-355425

We tried to identify the fuse but could only find a few things about it. Have a search on here and you will find what had been found.

Can I get a bit of a clearer shot of the thing you are trying to show with out the marker on it .
Edit: nvm it's not the OP's console lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves