• Likes 2

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol, it's pretty hilarious that everyone was so sure that a 3DS revision would have a built in second analog stick (which hasn't been used by most games and the ones that use it, can do without it) and in the end, it seems that all it has is a bigger screen and it's rather ugly tbh (I liked my 3DS looks, this one is just so... meh). Anyway, pretty good news for those interested in bigger screens.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
second analog stick (which hasn't been used by most games and the ones that use it, can do without it)
This is honestly a really poor argument. That's like saying the Wii doesn't need HD because none of the games are HD capable. Well duh, of COURSE none of the games are HD capable, because the system they're DESIGNED for has no HD. It's the same with the 3DS. Of course most games aren't going to rely on dual analogs when the only way to utilize such is through an unwieldy add-on that's rather impractical. If the 3DS had dual analogs built in, tons of games would use it, I guarantee you. And who knows how many developers want to make a particular game for the 3DS, only to turn around and say "eh, it doesn't have dual analogs, let's make it for Vita instead".

Reactions: 2 people
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think people here are just raging because they were so sure that the 3DS will have a built in second analog stick and I did say it a bunch of times here that we won't see one with dual circle pads, because for various reasons. Most of the games are still playing perfectly fine with one circle pad and you have the touch screen as a plus... but it would be nice if it did have dual circle pads.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe becuse I'm 41, I need it bigger! Kids are happy because they will be getting my little tiny 3DS and I will be getting a nice new BIG ONE!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
second analog stick (which hasn't been used by most games and the ones that use it, can do without it)
This is honestly a really poor argument. That's like saying the Wii doesn't need HD because none of the games are HD capable. Well duh, of COURSE none of the games are HD capable, because the system they're DESIGNED for has no HD. It's the same with the 3DS. Of course most games aren't going to rely on dual analogs when the only way to utilize such is through an unwieldy add-on that's rather impractical. If the 3DS had dual analogs built in, tons of games would use it, I guarantee you. And who knows how many developers want to make a particular game for the 3DS, only to turn around and say "eh, it doesn't have dual analogs, let's make it for Vita instead".
Hum... Not to be out of topic, but seriously, the "Let's make it for the Vita instead" line isn't going that well so far. xP

The 3DS came out with one circle pad, first buyers like me, paid 250€ for the console but the sales weren't doing so well, so Nintendo lowered the price to 150€, now, if Nintendo released a revision with a second circle pad so soon, you think most people would just be ok with that? Maybe for those that still haven't purchased one in the hopes of it getting revised it would be good, but most of the people that already have the system would complain about it.
DS Lite added more lighting settings and a sleeker look, DSi added an online interface and cameras, the DSi XL just added size.

The genre that I play the most is RPG's, and I don't really need a second analog stick for those, my favourite games are all on the Snes and PSX and they didn't use analogs, you don't need them to make good games, it might be useful in some games, but not really a necessity.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo checked all the details and people's thoughts on the console, if they didn't add one then it was most likely because they deemed it unnecessary.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Didn't see the info on the front page, anyway, in the NOE website it states that the 3DS XL will be released on the 28th of July, same day when New Art Academy and Freaky Forms Deluxe will be released on the eShop. =3

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't believe some of you people
"I'm not buying it because it doesn't have 2 sticks"
"I'm never buying another nintendo product ever again because they done this"

:lol: !:rofl: !!:rofl2: !!!

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Reactions: 7 people

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
for shit..I'll just get a fucking extended battery from GameStop.

The extended battery life is the only reason I would want this behemoth.

aren't portable gaming systems suppose to be...PORTABLE?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum... Not to be out of topic, but seriously, the "Let's make it for the Vita instead" line isn't going that well so far. xP

Adding dual analogs is pretty much common sense. It's been the norm for console gaming for well over a decade and we now have the technology to make it on portables. Why is it not there yet?

Reactions: 3 people

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the mat surface is gonna get wornout like dslite.The one in the current 3ds is awesome
And on top of that there is no pure black version....or there is one?anyone know for EU??

ChaosHydrA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you guys think i should return my 3ds back to the shop? I have 30 days possibilty to return it for, i bought it 4 days ago. maybe buy a Vita instead first and then the XL in July. I intend to have both consoles at some point but im not sure if i should just keep the 3DS now, since theres only 1 month till this is out in Europe. im really annoyed this was announced, as it took me 14 days to watch all of e3 and read tons of reviews/previews on game sites and looking at release dates for upcoming games for both consoles to decide which of the 3ds or vita i was going to go for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to