Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you format system in gateway mode settings, you will format everything from emunand (all content in SD card, all installed cias, activity log stats, etc).

won't be better than staring fresh with 9.0 emunand and nothing installed I mean if I just have 3 cias installed and I can backup my saves ect ?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
It will just bring your console to 4.x version if you have downgraded, and as I said, backup your SD Card before formatting emunand and once its done, just restore the backup you created earlier by just copy-pasting it. Anyways, it is your wish only whether to do it or not.

So basically I need to inject my backup and copy the contents back and everything will be as it was? What would happen if I rewrite the image I made with Win32DiskImager instead of copying them?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So basically I need to inject my backup and copy the contents back and everything will be as it was? What would happen if I rewrite the image I made with Win32DiskImager instead of copying them?

Wait... You meant about Sysnand and not Emunand?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
So, why are you even using Win32DiskImager? If you have an Emunand backup or even a Sysnand backup, you should restore it using Emunand Tool:- http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Well I was being safe :) Who knows just in case... It took hours to install cias to my emunand which is on a 64gb sd card. Sorry I'm still not clear about this would it be enough to inject the emunand backup with emunand tool to get rid of the nag without losing all the cias I installed?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I was being safe :) Who knows just in case... It took hours to install cias to my emunand which is on a 64gb sd card. Sorry I'm still not clear about this would it be enough to inject the emunand backup with emunand tool to get rid of the nag without losing all the cias I installed?

Yup, I think. But, still wait for 1 to 2 days for the Gateway update, if you are patient. :D

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It will just bring your console to 4.x version if you have downgraded, and as I said, backup your SD Card before formatting emunand and once its done, just restore the backup you created earlier by just copy-pasting it. Anyways, it is your wish only whether to do it or not.

BTW
I think you don't understand me.
My (n)3ds downloaded the update on emunand, but it is not installed. Just downloaded. I Hit cancel and 3DS informed me that I can update it later via settings. I can just ignore it, but when gateway team will release update, can I update it normally from gateway mode settings? It will not update my sysnand?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
BTW
My (n)3ds downloaded the update on emunand, but it is not installed. Just downloaded. I Hit cancel and 3DS informed me that I can update it later via settings. I can just ignore it, but when gateway team will release update, can I update it normally from gateway mode settings? It will not update my sysnand?

Right!
As long as you're IN EMUNAND!

Reactions: rsc-pl

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
BTW

Yeah, it won't update your sysnand if that update happened on Emunand. Also, to be on safer side, delete all wifi connections on Sysnand and make them available on Emunand only. So, it will 110% ensure that you will never update your Sysnand. ;)

Reactions: rsc-pl

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, it won't update your sysnand if that update happened on Emunand. Also, to be on safer side, delete all wifi connections on Sysnand and make them available on Emunand only. So, it will 110% ensure that you will never update your Sysnand. ;)

OK thanks.
It was 1st thing which I did when I received my n3ds ;)

red9350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everyone is talking about keys, but which keys are you talking about? And what happened with 9.5(you talk about nintendo screwing up something, again about keys)?

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
So, why are you even using Win32DiskImager? If you have an Emunand backup or even a Sysnand backup, you should restore it using Emunand Tool:- http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
I never used other Windows Tools than Win32DiskImager to burn NAND into hardware. Are you sure that Emunand Tool can inject Nand backup to 3DS? I know that NAND file extracted from SD can be injected to 3DS. It's ok for SD nand partition but to the console?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I never used other Windows Tools than Win32DiskImager to burn NAND into hardware. Are you sure that Emunand Tool can inject Nand backup to 3DS? I know that NAND file extracted from SD can be injected to 3DS. It's ok for SD nand partition but to the console?

I doN't know :) That's why I was asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...