Hardware 3ds top screen

Dianapkmn129

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was swapping my 3ds mother boards, i got eveeything right but the top screen goes black. Please help

Attachments

• 2F2DB7DC-8A8C-4862-B968-60468373DC83.jpg
    2F2DB7DC-8A8C-4862-B968-60468373DC83.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 247

SagaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just see if they are well connected to the board, normally when the screen is black it means the ribbon cable is loose. make sure the cable went all the way trought it´s conector

SagaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well triple check that, because if it is not the conection, the cable is probably damaged, and you have to replace the top screen.
Check for dust or any debris thay may cause a bad contact.
The only way to know for sure if the ribon cable is broken is to extract the top screen and look for any cut or any broken part of it, but extraction is extreamly difficult and you can even damage the other ribon cables so i don´t recomend it.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "goes black"? it is normal for a time then it blacks out? or it just doesn't come on at all? i would check both the upper lcd connection to motherboard and upper lcd to speaker flex(two connectors)

iirc the 3ds only boots when the upper lcd has a broken or bad connection to motherboard if the speaker flex to lcd connection is also disconnected.

ps. im a newb and may be wrong. you made basically the same post yesterday and its still on the first page. don't spam.

Last edited by sith,

Dianapkmn129

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: i got the screen working, but now this is happening. some of the buttons are always being pushed without me touching them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head