Gaming 3DS Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - First trailer unveiled

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, I played countless of games while having no f*cking clue what I'm doing due to language barrier and still enjoying them.
Most of it is trial&error and I make up the story based on the show and voice acting (blindly trusting that the game's show and tell are the same).
It kinda reminds me of the early days where I was a little twat and had no knowledge about the english language. Sure, its stupid but I don't give a damn. *continues playing Phantasy Star Online 2 on JP servers :tpi: *
i also did played somegames in japanese the moment they were released... (megaman battle network 4, 5 and six i am looking at you)

but its pretty much pointless for an rpg, its more for the gameplay itself, i am pretty sure i would have enjoyed more playing battle network 2 and 3 with different chip deck (also 4, 5 and 6 sucks balls)

Reactions: Skelletonike

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i also did played somegames in japanese the moment they were released... (megaman battle network 4, 5 and six i am looking at you)

but its pretty much pointless for an rpg, its more for the gameplay itself, i am pretty sure i would have enjoyed more playing battle network 2 and 3 with different chip deck (also 4, 5 and 6 sucks balls)

It might be pointless for you but I see it different. At least for me it's not pointless.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It might be pointless for you but I see it different. At least for me it's not pointless.

Playing a game that focuses heavily on story, without having no idea what's going on, does seem pointless for most for obvious reasons.
It's the reason why I don't play SRW games (even though I do own some of the japanese games for the ds) unless they eventually get a translation (I might try out the gameplay for one level or so, but that's it), hence why I have to wait for fantranslations, waiting several years for a SRW J translation for example, was worth it because I now could understand what was going on.

Not to mention that some rpg's become extremely hard to play without knowing what's going on, like, playing the original golden sun games in japanese and trying to solve those puzzles without any idea of what you were doing. =O

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Playing a game that focuses heavily on story, without having no idea what's going on, does seem pointless for most for obvious reasons.
It's the reason why I don't play SRW games (even though I do own some of the japanese games for the ds) unless they eventually get a translation (I might try out the gameplay for one level or so, but that's it), hence why I have to wait for fantranslations, waiting several years for a SRW J translation for example, was worth it because I now could understand what was going on.

Not to mention that some rpg's become extremely hard to play without knowing what's going on, like, playing the original golden sun games in japanese and trying to solve those puzzles without any idea of what you were doing. =O

Puzzles and Plot can be easily looked up on youtube, gamefaqs or other sources.
In fact western games rarely get translated subtitles and/or translated voice acting in South korea. How do they fix it? They give you a book explaining the story http://puu.sh/9gwJu/96b8d6766b.png
Is playing a western game in Korea pointless because of it? not really.

I am playing a game that is not released in my region so I have to accept to do a little more homework to fully understand the game. If you are not accepting it then playing a foreign game is indeed stupid and no one will blame you for having such opinion. The same way other people shouldn't judge these who register JP PSN accounts on their Vita/PS3 to be able to play games that don't come out in the region they live in. It's their decision and they do it because they want it and on their own risk, not because it's a smart thing to do.
I know a guy who bought a JP 3DS just to be able to play Kingdom Hearts 3D little earlier and later he bought the EU release even though he wasn't able to play the translated version. Does he care about it? No, he simply likes the franchise and wants to support it. I for example bought Grandia 3 (NTSC) a year ago even though I don't have a PS2. Even if I had one, the PS2 is region locked because of hardware limitations. Was it a smart decision? No it wasn't but I love the franchise and want to support who ever made it. And Ninty forbids it for no apparent reason. The region Lock on both 3DS and Wii U have no reason to be in there.
Ninty either does not respect opinions of fans of japan only games or they simply want you to buy additional systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1