3ds question about playing ds games

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so i have a r4i 3ds cartridge already with the r4i wood firmware and that's how i've play ds games. I've stumbled on twilight menu++ and was wondering for playing games is it better to flash twilight menu or continue using the r4i wood firmware? Would compatibility be worse, or would i get more settings? just wondering what i should use and why thanks!

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the normal flashcart firmware, TWL menu seems like a useless program to me.
I’ve checked it out some and I know it wasn’t worth switching to back then but now I see you can flash it to flashcards and I am not sure if it comes with any benefits over this. I am sticking unless someone can give me any other info on it but thanks for the input!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so i have a r4i 3ds cartridge already with the r4i wood firmware and that's how i've play ds games. I've stumbled on twilight menu++ and was wondering for playing games is it better to flash twilight menu or continue using the r4i wood firmware? Would compatibility be worse, or would i get more settings? just wondering what i should use and why thanks!

Just use the normal flashcart firmware, TWL menu seems like a useless program to me.
Umm...I'm not particularly well versed in the area of programming, but I will say there was one in particular DS came that kept crashing (after hours of gameplay investment), causing me to lose my save and start anew. The Twilight software was the only option compatible with this particular game. So, if you're having issues of that nature, you may wanna consider it in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch