TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure EBGames/Gamestop just want to get people into the store so they can start pushing their used games that cost $5 less than brand new (yet unsealed for some mysterious Gamestop reason) copies. Oh, and I bet they'll offer some trade-in deal that's less advantageous for you than they make it sound, in order to be able to push your used games on the next customer. Biggest POS store around.

Also, things are always more expensive in places like Australia, Europe, etc. anyway. Even if that were a good estimate of the launch price (though I think it's a bit high, even for that region), it'll still probably launch at $200 in North America.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
STOP BEING SO IGNORANT
This is the RUMORED price for AUSTRALIA, where stuff like this tends to be more expensive anyway.

Lushay

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EB games has to be wrong. Why would Nintendo charge more then any other system they've ever sold? For a hand held? Plus don't you think it's a little early to go on to a preorder for a system that hasn't had a confirmed price, or release date?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I payed 249.99 +tax on launch day for the original DS. That was w/o games. Only for the price to drop by 50, 3 month later. I'm expecting the same deal here.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sonicslasher said:
chartube12 said:
I payed 249.99 +tax on launch day for the original DS. That was w/o games. Only for the price to drop by 50, 3 month later. I'm expecting the same deal here.
Well shit son. Mine only costed $150. And I bought it the month it launched.
I got mine for €10!
yay.gif

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mikehoncho16 said:
Seriously, there's no way the 3DS is going to be $300 USD, thats a joke, Nintendo hasn't released a price yet and EB Games is already pulling bullshit out of their asses to make bank on preorders. ATTN: THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS THE FINAL PRICE SO CALM DOWN AND WAIT LIKE A WEEK, WE'LL PROBABLY HAVE A REAL PRICE BY THEN!
Calm down, they probably just wanna be on the safe side. If you give EB $300 and the 3DS only ends up being $200, then I'm sure you can get your $100 refund.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kenio8185 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:
Seriously, there's no way the 3DS is going to be $300 USD, thats a joke, Nintendo hasn't released a price yet and EB Games is already pulling bullshit out of their asses to make bank on preorders. ATTN: THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS THE FINAL PRICE SO CALM DOWN AND WAIT LIKE A WEEK, WE'LL PROBABLY HAVE A REAL PRICE BY THEN!
Calm down, they probably just wanna be on the safe side. If you give EB $300 and the 3DS only ends up being $200, then I'm sure you can get your $100 refund.
As a coupon, to make sure you still buy something from them.

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenio8185 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:
Well duh, I know that, Im just pointing out that people need to read the thread before posting OMG $350 THATZ AMAZINGLY HIGH!!! Not to mention that EB Games shouldnt have estimated the price, they should have just waited for a confirmed price.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Overlord Nadrian said:
kenio8185 said:
As a coupon, to make sure you still buy something from them.
I totally called it!
tpi.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
Hm....At the most I'd say it would cost $250's. It would only cost $300's if it had a built in 3D Flux Capacitor.
tpi.gif

If it doesnt have one, I will put one of my spares in. Reaching 3D in the past at 88 miles an hour.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Just to reiterate

1) It's an estimate
2) Australian dollars, not US dollars
3) Australia is an expensive place to buy games.

Look, here's a Xbox 360 slim pre-order page on the same site. 449AUD.
http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-150845-X...onsole-Xbox-360

So that means, after converting the currency, that the 360 slim is £260 in the UK and $390 in the US, right? No.

£199 delivered in the UK
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/15570...DD/Product.html

$299 in the US
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28943/E...pping_Today.php

So untwist your panties and chill the fuck out.
Seriously, someone edit the title and OP. I know this is a site with an international community but don't just post some information that only pertains to your region without providing more detail. Especially when the big quoted picture doesn't specify AUD. But in the end, it does note it's an estimate.

But on another note, I'd probably buy it if $300 USD. Highly unlikely it is though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night