ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 87,083
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24
D

Deleted User

OP
@Deck of Noobs
Sometimes that just happens, the program should still work fine, but I wrote it a while ago and haven't changed much since (even though I plan to do some stuff soon).

I've essentially finished the decryption of the Miis (the only remaining values seem to be console specific), and now I'm onto the qr code decryption.
I really wish there was a simple way to do QR to Hex, but alas, I'll find some way to break it down into hex values.

Then it's just matching values between what I've decrypted and the QRs and then homebrew here we come!

D

Deleted User

OP
@Deck of Noobs

I suggest you contact him then for what he did to fix it.
Personally, I think that error is that there was an issue initializing the file to overwrite, but I don't know the program in-depth really.

You can always ask in the extdata_dump thread for that error, because I'm not aware of that specific error.

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, I finally got back to this project after a long break, mainly because lack of motivation.

However, when I'm now decrypting the QRs, I can't find a way to get the hex information that is the proper length.

Does anyone have an idea how I might go about getting the 0x60 (I think) bytes properly?

Scanning it as a normal QR Code gives you unusable text which pretty much evaluates to trash, so if anyone has an idea about how to do this, I will be very appreciative :D

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@GamerDudeK , first, I must thank you for this utility. It's a lot easier, using alongside JKSV :)

Although, I see some people asked, on the previous page... do you have plans for a homebrew (.cia?) version capable of reading/editing the CFL_DB.dat file dumped through JKSV? Would be very interesting changing Miis on the go.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, I'm thinking of a cia version, but I'd first like to decrypt the QR format just so that it is known.

Homebrew is the planned next step once I complete the decryption (still looking for ideas btw :))

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
QRcodes are encrypted using the APT:Wrap function. It's using the 0x31 keyslot. (Check this and this)
Since the Wii U is able to read QR codes for the 3DS but does not have a key scrambler, that means the key you are looking for is somewhere in the Wii U firmware.
Once you get that key, it's as simple as an AES-CCM to encrypt/decrypt QR.

Now you have 2 options:
You want that key: I think the way to go should start by reading/following this (Thanks @NWPlayer123 ) but since I got a job, I dropped this ambitious project of learning PPC.
Btw, if you also extract the 0x31 keyY from the 3DS you can compute the 0x31 keyX which is stored in bootrom (here).

You don't want that key so bad after all: You can always fallback on using your 3DS as a black box, what Decrypt9 and other tools are doing (until we get the bootrom? But that's offtopic). You can check this code, that's specifically made for Mii crypto.

Note: I tried stuff but I probably missed something since doing this fails:
"3DS makes QR" -> "Read QR to bin" -> "Decrypt bin to Mii (using 3DS)" -> "Edit Mii" -> "Encrypt Mii to bin (Using 3DS)" -> "Make QR from bin" -> "Read QR with 3DS"
So I (at least) said something wrong|did not found something|forgot something.

Wish you luck!

D

Deleted User

OP
@Goombi
Thanks for all that information :D

Maybe I'll just make the homebrew first... it looks like there is a lot of stuff to do for the QR's and I don't want to delay the release extraordinarily long (even though I already have by taking a break).

Regardless, I'll start working on the homebrew now, but I am going away on vacation soon, so don't expect a release for a while because this is also going to be the first time I've worked with ctrulib. :)

Reactions: KaleoOmega

Dark1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gives me the message"Index and count must refer to a location within the string Parameter name: count", what do I do?

D

Deleted User

OP
@Dark1
Some error that I'm not patching on the main program now as I'm moving everything over to a homebrew app.
@s0r00t
I'm not going to release the source code because it's ugly and bad, and honestly I've never released source code before. I'm contemplating releasing the source code to the homebrew app on github once I'm done though

Oddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to restore extData it tells me "copying failed." Do you know what I've done wrong? Is it because I'm using Firmware 11.0?

D

Deleted User

OP
@Oddie
I would check in the extdata_dump thread, I can't offer too much support for that. Though, I would assume either you don't have the permissions (unlikely) or that the file size could possibly be wrong (more likely).
Regardless, I can't help too much with that.

STATUS UPDATE:
The homebrew app is being worked on, but I will be busy for the next bit.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello, I have used your super application for windows and I ask you if I can do a video tutorial about this application in French.
Sorry, for my bad english i'm French.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30