Hardware 3DS Lite Already?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo Tablet... 9" 3D OLED...

Oh, sorry... let's get back to question.

3DS XL to me is much more likely... The screens could be at 4" each (widescreen), upgraded to OLED instead of LCD and have touch sensitive home, start and select buttons.
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
"When making Nintendo 3DS, we used all our tricks for Nintendo DS Lite – and more – for cutting down on size right from the start,” added Iwata.

I have to agree... The 3DS has a larger screen than the DS Lite and still managed to pull it in about the same size of that very console.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RodrigoCamilo said:
I don' t believe in a second edition of 3ds being named by 3ds lite or xl, all nintendo handheld had different names. BTW I believe that will be a 3ds "lite" but far end of 2012 or in the begginnig of 2013.

who knows, but that would be a reasonable time to release a remake.

D

Deleted User

I kind of think there isn't going to be a 3DS lite. I just can't imagine the 3DS getting any smaller. It's already similar in size with the DSLite... sorta.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
chris888222 said:
Nintendo Tablet... 9" 3D OLED...

Oh, sorry... let's get back to question.

3DS XL to me is much more likely... The screens could be at 4" each (widescreen), upgraded to OLED instead of LCD and have touch sensitive home, start and select buttons.
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
"When making Nintendo 3DS, we used all our tricks for Nintendo DS Lite – and more – for cutting down on size right from the start,” added Iwata.

I have to agree... The 3DS has a larger screen than the DS Lite and still managed to pull it in about the same size of that very console.
6 inch touchscreen perhaps?
i'm hinting at 3dsxl being cafe controller

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
At least you played any game in the console? hahaha i'm joking. But aww man you could have waited for the real games to come, if a great game come out, you could regret your decision.
closedeyes.gif

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that G4 is just saying that a 3DS Lite is inevitable.

By the way, when I see "3DS Lite," I read "3DS 2," "lite" just being a stand-in name for the second incarnation of the 3DS. I am waiting for the inevitable release fo the 3DS2.

P.S. Quit dissing Rockstar-san; people have a freedom of choice. Besides, at least someone would get a cheaper 3DS!

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes - Because Big N have very low 3DS sales

No - Because Big N already have 3DS and because they are too busy with project cafe.

Maybe - 3DS will be the controller for the Project Cafe/Wiiii

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
naved.islam14 said:
Yes - Because Big N have very low 3DS sales
100,000 IN THE MONTH OF APRIL IN THE US ALONE IS NOT LOW.

Thank you.
I'm just sick of people expecting 3DS to continue DSLite's sales numbers. It's a new console. The PS3 didn't sell as well as PS2 when it launched did it? No. Why? No games.
Thank you.

QUOTE(gautam @ May 24 2011, 08:00 AM) According to what Kenichi Sugino said, waiting around for a Nintendo 3DS Lite may be in vain.
Yes and No.
They have one in the planning, no doubt.
They have to say there won't be one in order to sell a few more.
It's not coming any time soon though.
2013 is my guess - at the earliest.

They have 3DS 2011, Wii2 2012, so if they do anything hardware related it'll have to wait until 2013.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...