Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am pretty curious the reason for the BSOD though. If its the result of the brick code or some other issue.
The error code is the exact same as the other bricked units, so chances are pretty high it's because of the bricking code indeed. The only way to make sure would be to open it up and check whether it's reflashable though.

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, anyone dumb enough to believe anything from Maxconsole/PS3Crunch needs a good slap with reality...
There is nothing to believe in my post really, I just copy other people's opinion because I thought it can be useful for people here, but I bet you don't even read what I copy, so why bother?

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
my gateway is working great on my XL i mean i messed up my aqua 3ds and updated the REAL nand and not the emnand but hey that was my fault. we all have to remember this is 1st gen flash card for 3ds games and shit does happen. and i hate to point it out but NINTENDO does say dont mess with the OS or anything that they dont license.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway hackers could edit the launcher.dat and take out the kill code? at this point I don't trust gateway and am really just considering selling my 3dses.

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it's amazing that all the brink occurred at the same range of time. Humm could this mean something?

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im happy I decided to wait for the final 2.0 before making a gateway purchase.

now we have a major problem. gateway is the only team that's doing anything good on 3ds. now with this bricking garbage they've tainted their image and it will be hard to trust future updates even if people look through the code for any potential dangerous coding. they might have just killed the whole 3ds flash card thing with this. no other team has shown any potential so now we're stuck playing games in fear or going completely legit.

The interesting thing is, 3dslink and r4i already patched out the brick code in their newest firmware a few days ago.

So currently, the safest flash cards to use are actually the clones, since they won't brick you. Ironic, isn't it?
The very code that Gateway added to stop closes has already been patched out of the clones firmware, but is still causing misery for legit Gateway users.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found it's amazing that all the brink occurred at the same range of time. Humm could this mean something?
That the gateway team set it up with a timer? It's not very smart to instantly brick your 3DS because then the clones would find out immediately on their own systems and would do something about it before releasing their clone update, duh.

Bricking a couple units is not a big deal for a clone manufacturer, the damage is for the end-user.

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The interesting thing is, 3dslink and r4i already patched out the brick code in their newest firmware a few days ago.

So currently, the safest flash cards to use are actually the clones, since they won't brick you. Ironic, isn't it?
I heard they just reverted to older firmwares and gave it a new/higher version nr.
But I haven't really been keeping up on that.

And if they did actually patch it out, are you confident that they found all brick code?
What if there is more places it does similar stuff, that haven't been triggered yet?

JonnyMohawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No they didn't, they reverted back to an older firmware and labeled it 3.3.

Inform yourself before making statements of fact.

Reactions: f0rCe

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if my gateway is faulty, it's still gateway's fault. it came with the box sealed and stuff.

really, really disappointed.

also, to gateway defenders, how much proof you need until you can believe my story?

until their 3ds f up I guess.

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So Far the majority of the cases reported are from other carts than gateway using a modified launcher, but this is the first person actually providing info on gateway 3ds cart causing bricking. Regardless of people reporting or the frequency, there is a clear danger as reported by normatt, yellow and others (who are just not nobody but people who are active in the scene) that there is a kill code that activates on failed check sum which can happen to ANYONE including loyal gateway 3ds customers which is not only taking out their clones by including possible collateral damage their own customers or give them high risk. Its find if they bricked the nand and u can reflash it but they went far as including a kill code to do mess with eMMC controller which so far no one has an idea to revert it, the main idea its just going far and beyond to brick innocent people's 3ds its just being asses. This isnt stopping clones it just damaging the entire community with just wanton behavior and malicious coding.

Reactions: apollooo

Lustspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a legitimate gateway in one of the official representatives listed on the official site, I have not received it is being sent. I'm afraid to upgrade to the latest version (2.0b2) :/

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
even if my gateway is faulty, it's still gateway's fault. it came with the box sealed and stuff.

really, really disappointed.

also, to gateway defenders, how much proof you need until you can believe my story?
They probably need a video where you insert the gateway, launch some stuff and have it brick. Which is completely unfeasible because it's random. Also, then they'll probably just claim it's edited.

Reactions: NEP

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i hope the mods put an update regarding my problem in the front page, if it is viable. i'm not attention whoring, but like above poster said, it is better to warn people before something like this happen to others

Reactions: Cyberdrive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P