Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if it were possible, I'd want a homebrew channel.
I like being able to select various games from the main menu of my 3DS, so opening up the flashcard and selecting other homebrew/games from another menu? Seems a bit out-dated.
Like others said, the flash cart companies will try to stop it, but I can hope...

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Like others said, the flash cart companies will try to stop it, but I can hope...
Personally, I can't imagine how the flash cart companies could "try to stop" it from happening... I mean, what power would they have to do that?
Money.
I'm sure it'll eventually happen, and no one can stop it, but... yeah, throwing money at a poor hacker could feasibly stop the process for a while.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just like apple manages to have a protected iOS where you can't jailbreak it to pirate things and install unauthorized apps, right?

You can pirate from the app store with a jailbroken iDevice, actually you can do it right from the device itself with a package called ------. Its not a default ---- package though and I can't link to the actual site you find the source because I think it violates the rules.
Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Reactions: 1 person

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i dont think they could stop it either , but what they will try and do is exactly what the dongle teams have done to ps3 scene, commercialize it buying off and hiring devs who develop a hack. while we have no direct proof of how team TB started for ps3 or if they were developing open source hack solutions first or ever intended to , we can see the scene went from commercial with jailbreak dongle, to mathueil opening it up with groove, and then psfreedom ,which still needed some device, ipod, phone, ti calc, then geohot fully opened it , then sony locked it down then teams like cobra opened ne features but commercialized it, and now we have TB , more comercialization of the scene, no dongle os required HW is not needed, its just there to protect and lockdown the hack,unlike wii and 360 scene where they are open, only time you need HW you actually need HW, like for odde ,unlike dongles

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my major points is that you don't always get a choice of what software the device comes with.

All new PSP 3000s have firmware 6.60 (the latest) pre-installed.
None of them can have their pre-IPL modified.

All new Wii's have a 4.x system menu pre-installed.
None of them play burnt discs.

All new 360s have one of the recent dashboards pre-installed.
The ability to mod these at all is either slim or non-existent.

All new PS3s have an unhackable OFW pre-installed.
The ability to mod these seems non-existent for now as well.

EDIT: Wording fixed on the last point.

Also it's a snippet of some alternative character art I commissioned, full version here.
http://rydian.net/ar...s/rydian/ry_tr/
hmm i dont know about psp scene too much ,but cant you use pandora battery and still get hbl?or some homebrew on it?

as far as new wii its not 4.x menu its the dvd drive board, that prevents it from reading burnt discs, and the new wii's dont even play GC retail discsl but im not sure if its cause of the dvd drive or its dvd board or if its a change in the wii MB itself , or if you could swap an old dive into a new wii and play GC games

im pretty sure brand new wii can still be hackes, and without a disc even using letter bomb or mail bomb

as for new ps3 , there is E3 flasher you can have dual NOR, flash the NOR with latest fw or cfw, but in the latest ps3 it is actually the syscon which will prevent a nor flash,not the latest fw
there is another flasher that does nor and nand model but you have to solder, but either way you can still have latest fw and cfw ,and switch between the 2, but not if your ps3 has the new
syscon , it can have latest fw and you can still use a nor/nand flasher, but if you got a model with the new syscon it wont work

im not so sure about 360 but i think there is RGH for all motherboards now,and there is now dual nand devices,for RGH and live safe kernel/dash, and you can always flash your drive no matter which dash if you dont have a locked dvd drive board,or order and replace your dvd drive board , or buy an odde

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pandora stopped working midway through the PSP 2000 line. The later 2000s cannot use it, the 3000s cannot use it, and the Gos can't use it. So that's pretty much every PSP produced... for years now.

For some of the devices I listed two possible issues (for example you don't need a pandora for recent CFWs on the later PSP models, but they can't use older CFWs). Even though many new devices can be hacked now, there's limits (which is where the mention of not playing burnt discs for the wii comes in).

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pandora stopped working midway through the PSP 2000 line. The later 2000s cannot use it, the 3000s cannot use it, and the Gos can't use it. So that's pretty much every PSP produced... for years now.

For some of the devices I listed two possible issues (for example you don't need a pandora for recent CFWs on the later PSP models, but they can't use older CFWs). Even though many new devices can be hacked now, there's limits (which is where the mention of not playing burnt discs for the wii comes in).
yeah there were a few psp store apps that let you hack it , even the new vita , they come out from time to time but obviously get puled right away just like sodoku on dsi , but only for psp mode obviously, and im not sure if you had one of those apps if you could do the same o vita with it as on a 2000 or 3000

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you can still Jig a psp, the only problem is you have to open it up and do it directly to the PCB which is WAY risky

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

you can still Jig a psp, the only problem is you have to open it up and do it directly to the PCB which is WAY risky
Got any more info on this? The last I heard of anything like this for the later PSP models was using a copy of the official Sony jig software (and sites refused to host it for obvious reasons).

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it involves opening up your psp and having sony engineering hardware, first one isn't easy second one is impossible without connections.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really love the idea of a HB channel just because any update Nintendo puts out will wipe it. They dont even have to try to block it. And I know a lot of people will be all like "than dunt update noob" but its not like mosy updates are just bugfixes and patches. They actually ADD features. I would be all in for a good CFW (which the first ones probably wont be.) but HB channel seems way to easily countered to be really used.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it involves opening up your psp and having sony engineering hardware, first one isn't easy second one is impossible without connections.
Well that's like saying "You can hack any Wii with the official SDK, dev kit, and signing key". :P

Granted, but you can still jig it, still trying to get access to the hardware for the vita, I still have a few people to bribe lol

J0hn

Trophies
XP
Country
A homebrew channel for the 3ds? Sounds easy. I have 2 ideas.
First the smash bros idea.
What about using the upcoming smash bros. My idea is that you put a custom save file on the cart using something like a action replay power saves. The custom save file will have a program on it that the 3ds can run. The program then downloads the homebrew channel, from either a SD Card or the Internet.
Now the Nintendo Zone idea.
Okey, the last one was simple, but i think this is a bit better.
You open a temporary network that the 3ds can see as a Nintendo Zone. Then you set up a webserver that the 3ds connect to with Nintendo Zone.
The computer tells the 3ds to download the homebrew channel.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A homebrew channel for the 3ds? Sounds easy. I have 2 ideas.

What about using the upcoming smash bros. My idea is that you put a custom save file on the cart using something like a action replay power saves. The custom save file will have a program on it that the 3ds can run. The program then downloads the homebrew channel, from either a SD Card or the Internet.

Okey, the last one was simple, but i think this is a bit better.
You open a temporary network that the 3ds can see as a Nintendo Zone. Then you set up a webserver that the 3ds connect to with Nintendo Zone.
The computer tells the 3ds to download the homebrew channel.
or not bump 2 year old threads and just wait for smea to release ssspwn....ps i think i lost some brain cells reading that....why do people have to share these "ideas"

Reactions: TripleSMoon

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
pe12972.jpg

2 year old

Status