Hardware 3DS hinge wobble POLL

Does your 3DS hinge have a slight wobble to it?

• Yes (describe below)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No (describe below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Herox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see the issue here. Its not broken, it just isn't tightly fit for the area inbetween clicks to lock the screen in place. Its not some kind of design flaw, its just how it is.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
A slight wobble on my EU aqua blue model, but not anything that I consider a problem. It doesn't affect gameplay or the 3D effects because of the way I hold the system, so it doesn't bother me.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese Model, it slightly wobble.... It's annoying as hell when I first get it..

It's totally unacceptable with what I paid for, which is 350USD on playasia....

It's also come with small smudge scratch on the left edge of top case, which it really freaks me out when I paid premium for it..

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Wobble is starting to annoy me a lot more. Nothing I can't do about it but yeah when they release the 3DS lite or whatever way down the track i'm assuming this will be fixed and I will 100% definitely upgrade. Such an annoying design flaw

maxmontezuma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It wobbles a bit for me, but not like in that YouTube video from the first post. Still, a bit annoying.
biggrin.gif
I don't notice it while playing, but I hate to know it wobbles... it makes me want to get a new one
ohnoes.png

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cosmo Black. Wobble: Yes

When I first got my 3DS it just barely wobbled but after a few days of use it has gotten so annoying that I had to return it for a full refund.

I pretty much have the same problem as described by iMasaru, bigpaws, whendarknessfall... and many others.

While playing Street fighter I have to move the system a fair bit while I input button combinations. The screen is starting to wobble very easily especially while I play with the screen upright instead of laying down. Even while playing with the screen laying flat it sometimes falls back with little movement.

This is already enough to annoy the crap out of me but the biggest issue I have with it is the extremely irritating squeaking/creaking noises it makes while the screen wobbles. I was playing Super Street Fighter against a friend online and the screen was wobbling, and squeaking/creaking like crazy. The screen even fell back once. I move the system a bit while playing. I don't shake it like a baby or anything but some movement is expected while playing a fighting game especially for online matches. Have you ever seen how loud people slam those joysticks and buttons while playing the arcade versions of Street Fighter? It's nothing close to that but I do move it much more than while playing other types of games.

I love Nintendo's first party games and all the great 3rd party games that were on the DS but I noticed a steep decline in the sturdiness of the hinge within a few days and the squeaking/creaking is way too irritating for me to ignore. I lost trust in this version of the 3DS and now I'm forced to wait until the next one which might not be released for another 2 years.

I have a DSi that has the tiniest bit of wobble but overall it feels like a rock when compared to the 3ds and it doesn't have that annoying squeaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1