Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Well, they must be busy, either with 3DS hacking or other projects... just wait until they get some time to post about their progress
tongue.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
If it were possible to insert fake channel data onto the DSi via some kind of memory hacking, then if you transfer it onto your 3DS, maybe it would trigger a overflow on either system, since it's trying to transfer dummy data. Also, another way this could be used, if it were feasible, is to write some kind of virus-like program that attacks the 3DS through the DSi system transfer, causing a crash and enabling the structure to be mapped. And the firmware it runs on, seems kinda slow in the beginning when it boots up, as if it's loading alot of files. Maybe if we insert something there through a virus-like program as I said above, we could force it to run unauthorized code.

Would someone who has actually done this sort of thing before or knows more about it than me comment on the possibility and feasibility of theory/idea? 'Cause honestly, you can learn alot by reading. -Protip

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
If it were possible to insert fake channel data onto the DSi via some kind of memory hacking, then if you transfer it onto your 3DS, maybe it would trigger a overflow on either system, since it's trying to transfer dummy data. Also, another way this could be used, if it were feasible, is to write some kind of virus-like program that attacks the 3DS through the DSi system transfer, causing a crash and enabling the structure to be mapped. And the firmware it runs on, seems kinda slow in the beginning when it boots up, as if it's loading alot of files. Maybe if we insert something there through a virus-like program as I said above, we could force it to run unauthorized code.

Would someone who has actually done this sort of thing before or knows more about it than me comment on the possibility and feasibility of theory/idea? 'Cause honestly, you can learn alot by reading. -Protip

We can also ask a Wizard to cast a hacking spell on 3DS.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:

This is full of fail...

The DSI to 3DS transfer, doesn't actually transfer dsiware from the one to the other. Owner shipper of the DSIware is just switched from one to the other.

Second: if hackers could replace data in dsi-packs, they would of done it already for dsi homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The steak one is amazing