Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
So if I understand right, the exploit being a userland one, it'd be similar to Yifan Lu's exploit on the Vita, which would allow for unsigned homebrew to run but not game piracy?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I clicked on the link , they clearly say they didn't hack it just reposted it

vR5Li.png

Yes, they did indeed say that...an hour later.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If I post a picture of a cookie, does that mean you'll get it? No, it just means that i'm showing off my cookie. :D

OT: This one has me piqued.. It isn't just a Hello World black text... Something about it just says something. o>O

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But if you just get a message saying 'we hacked it', what hacking was there? What things can you do now; now that it said 'we hacked it'. Nothing really, at all.

Reactions: jalaneme

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm not one for assuming everything is fake, it annoys me when people do that, but, i thought the '3D' text led near the 3d slider is green when it is in '3ds mode', right?
and in the picture it is not, so hmm...
but maybe there are times when it is not green, in 3ds mode, :) i'm not sure

on the original 3ds the 3ds light never turns off in 3ds mode so yeah you intuition is right...

The 3D led is off. That means that they don't use the 3D effect (but it could be 3DS mode).

if i remember when i still had my original 3ds even when you turn the slider all the way down the 3D light was still on, it never turned off until you went into DS mode...

Reactions: joshuatm

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not true..
I
on the original 3ds the 3ds light never turns off in 3ds mode so yeah you intuition is right...

if i remember when i still had my original 3ds even when you turn the slider all the way down the 3D light was still on, it never turned off until you went into DS mode...
Its not true...
For example in ssf iv intro is in 3ds mode but 3ds slider light is off
(at least i wish cause im in iran and every 3ds games costs about 150$)

Reactions: Janthran

Markitus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try Pokémon Dream Radar and you'll see how the 3D light turns off because it's a 2D-only software, yet a 3DS game.

I wish we can see homebrew on the 3DS, but not piracy. I'm amazed by the amount of time the 3DS has resisted without being hacked, as we're close to 2 years since it was first released. But homebrew software would be awesome :)

loco365

Trophies
XP
And to add to that, here's me running Colors! 3D. It's 3D software, but with what is displayed on the top screen, the 3D light is off, even though my slider is up all the way.

cy5FC.jpg
So for everyone claiming it's fake because the 3D Light isn't on, here's proof it doesn't have to be.

Anyways, it's exciting to see this system being hacked, but if it leads to piracy, the system is going to die real fast imo.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These gents say they've done it, made progress or anything of the like I am inclined to believe them rather than demanding full detailed proof as if it is always my god given right to demand these people fully explain their work. A picture is more than enough proof from these folks. While a technical write up would be an interesting read, I'd far prefer they continue to work on this as opposed to getting involved in forum threads.

Niksy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And to add to that, here's me running Colors! 3D. It's 3D software, but with what is displayed on the top screen, the 3D light is off, even though my slider is up all the way.

PK8YY.jpg
So for everyone claiming it's fake because the 3D Light isn't on, here's proof it doesn't have to be.

Anyways, it's exciting to see this system being hacked, but if it leads to piracy, the system is going to die real fast imo.

Because, you know, the DS and Wii died after getting hacked...

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PK8YY.jpg

Offtopic: Seeing your handheld in that condition hurts me. I would give it a nice cleanup.

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i've always been dreaming about this day, when someone here on gbatemp writes: WE HACKED IT
Its not quiet what i expected but good enough at least someone is working on it, and even if its not real i have hope so... Hell yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E