Not open for further replies.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That save editor has totally piqued my curiousity.
Does it actually require hardware or can you just use software with another means to dump 3DS saves? I already have my R4i save dongle, but then again last I checked there was a limited number of 3DS games it could dump saves from.

If it's for real, watch Animal Crossing New Leaf get crippled, Kid Icarus Uprising get overrun with perfect high value weapons, etc.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
That save editor has totally piqued my curiousity.
Does it actually require hardware or can you just use software with another means to dump 3DS saves? I already have my R4i save dongle, but then again last I checked there was a limited number of 3DS games it could dump saves from.

If it's for real, watch Animal Crossing New Leaf get crippled, Kid Icarus Uprising get overrun with perfect high value weapons, etc.

indeed, its a USB hardware that connects via usb then software dumps and edits
very much like the R4i save dongle i have now, but it cant decrypt the latest games, but can indeed dump them
but the only missing is the key to do so, so if they indeed have the keys it is 100% possible
(same as how we would use Neimods exploit as his uses the older keys we already have on the save)

if the keys got leaked LOADS of online play games would become overrun with maxed stats and high lvl weapons

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
how come wiiU is already hacked and all, but that tiny 3DS is like alcatraz..a fortress
Last I heard the only part of the WiiU that had been hacked was the Wii emulator much like the only part of the 3DS that's been hacked is the DS/i emulator.

Edit: I hate the Temp sometimes. CLick on a topic when a new post has been made. Jump to post made 2 weeks ago and I forget to check the post date... -_-

I doubt we're too close to running any code because of a Save Dumper

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Hmmmm, seems like an interesting tool... Wonder how well it works?

Oh, and a side note......
PEOPLE! YOUR IMPATIENCE IS DISGUSTING! Asking for a hack now, and saying that the hackers arent doing anything for no good reason is just horrible!

Oh, and Rydian, nice ROM patch! ;)
This is disgusting, this is nice...
Ah com on, we are just humans :D

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this tool sounds interesting, and potencial because it might have the posibility to hack the XL as well.

off topic: I wonder what will people come up with regarding coding. Im interested on running a full linux Distro. capable of running games apps like xonotic and steam and many others. A normal desktop distro. Using the 3ds as a laptop kind off. would be very convinient.

edit on topic: we are still in may 15. a wekk or two untill this tool releases. right?

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I heard the only part of the WiiU that had been hacked was the Wii emulator much like the only part of the 3DS that's been hacked is the DS/i emulator.

Edit: I hate the Temp sometimes. CLick on a topic when a new post has been made. Jump to post made 2 weeks ago and I forget to check the post date... -_-

I doubt we're too close to running any code because of a Save Dumper
I don't know unless I was misreading what is going on in the WiiU portion it looks like there trying to use linux or something in an effort to run code in WiiU mode. Still it means nothing until it proves to be helpful. Personally I think console Home-brew is dying. Either Gaming companies have made there latest consoles un hackable or the people in the hacking community have lost interest/desire to keep on going. Either way it does not effect me as I legally buy all my games.

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know unless I was misreading what is going on in the WiiU portion it looks like there trying to use linux or something in an effort to run code in WiiU mode. Still it means nothing until it proves to be helpful. Personally I think console Home-brew is dying. Either Gaming companies have made there latest consoles un hackable or the people in the hacking community have lost interest/desire to keep on going. Either way it does not effect me as I legally buy all my games.

somebody doesn't seem to know what homebrew is

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somebody doesn't seem to know what homebrew is
O, I know what Homebrew is do you? Most people who use homebrew also use it to pirate games. So this whole notion that homebrew does not equal piracy I do not buy that crap for one minute and anyone with a brain should not either. Homebrew allows piracy whether or not it was there original attention is up for debate however the outcome is always the same Homebrew leads to piracy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
O, I know what Homebrew is do you? Most people who use homebrew also use it to pirate games. So this whole notion that homebrew does not equal piracy I do not buy that crap for one minute and anyone with a brain should not either. Homebrew allows piracy whether or not it was there original attention is up for debate however the outcome is always the same Homebrew leads to piracy.
Knives, murder.

Kitchen chef?

Your logic sucks ass.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W
Knives, murder.

Kitchen chef?

Your logic sucks ass.
Well the only way to prove whether I am full of BS or not is to do a poll. I am betting at least half of people who use a form of Homebrew on there console also use emulators or a backup loader of some kind. And before anyone get all offended over this or what not i am not trying to offend anyone I am just giving an observation that I have made.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country

You say you know what Homebrew is but I don't think you do...

I for one would like a hack of some kind to be released. I don't like to be limited by region encoding. Also, if I don't have to use my retail cartridges and allow me to run roms, that would be really handy. Some people may call me a pirate but I try to purchase games from companies that I think deserve my money. The economy is tough. I can't risk spending a bit of cash for something I might not like. It would be a waste.

Andylinkpro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there are no emulators, and the 3DS hasnt been hacked yet, why is there over 200k 3ds rom downloads on sites? combined for over millions of downloads...are people putting this on their R4 DS thinking it will work? have i missed something?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If there are no emulators, and the 3DS hasnt been hacked yet, why is there over 200k 3ds rom downloads on sites? combined for over millions of downloads...are people putting this on their R4 DS thinking it will work? have i missed something?
Yes, yes they are.

And yes, yes they do ask us why it doesn't work.

And yes, yes we got annoyed and had to make a sticky pointing out that nothing runs 3DS ROMs.

And yes, they tend to not read it first, or, in more cases, they DO read it, but then ignore it because they hope in their hearts and souls that it's wrong and they can play their 3DS ROMs.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say you know what Homebrew is but I don't think you do...

I for one would like a hack of some kind to be released. I don't like to be limited by region encoding. Also, if I don't have to use my retail cartridges and allow me to run roms, that would be really handy. Some people may call me a pirate but I try to purchase games from companies that I think deserve my money. The economy is tough. I can't risk spending a bit of cash for something I might not like. It would be a waste.
I never define what Homebrew was I just said that it typically leads to piracy. I don't know what the laws for other countries say about emulators but I am pretty sure its illegal in the United States. While the emulators themselves are not illegal its the methods that people use to get ahold of copy righted roms to run on those emulators. It is legal to make a personal back up but illegal to claim someone else's backup as your own even if you already own a physical retail copy of that game.(I know the system is soo messed up) When I think about Homebrew I think about emulators for the Wii I don't typically think about a custom game or application just made specifically for the Wii. I am glad to see that we agree on the region free option I think that is just a really dumb design.

Andylinkpro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, yes they are.

And yes, yes they do ask us why it doesn't work.

And yes, yes we got annoyed and had to make a sticky pointing out that nothing runs 3DS ROMs.

And yes, they tend to not read it first, or, in more cases, they DO read it, but then ignore it because they hope in their hearts and souls that it's wrong and they can play their 3DS ROMs.

LOL over probably 200k people did this...wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone