Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additionally, dev units can't run games at all. They can only run things written for the dev unit.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
This makes no sense at all. Windows isn't a closed platform (it's closed source, but it's not closed off to developers). Anybody can develop games and applications for Windows, and Microsoft even make some pretty awesome development tools FREELY available for Windows - development tools which are far superior and easier to use than anything available for Linux).

So what would a homebrew enthusiast have to gain by switching to Linux? If he wasn't to play openly downloadable software, there's far more available for Windows than there is for Linux. If he wants to get into developing software, the path to doing so if far easier in Windows than Linux.
Yeah. Like I said when we actually see triple-A games on Linux then most likely they'll get pirated as much as Windows versions when people don't feel like supporting linux anymore. It's just easier to download free OS instead of pirating one. And some of those free softwares are ported for Windows which includes Gimp.
I know that feeling as I was amazed by linux years back but when it comes to expensive games and gamers who like to pirate then... well yeah.

So you are saying that its better if android get ported to the 3DS instead of linux? I have read the 3DS hardware specs on 3dsbrew and I believe its powerful to run android. I have faith in this new save editor that poped up on amazon. I havent been able to discover its price. Anyone know more details of thishack/saveeditor tool?
Hope its not just a save backup.
No, I'm not saying anything should be ported to 3DS. It would be really hard to replace the firmware and running linux on top of it doesn't gain that much as some power are lost. Yeah there are couple linux ported to DS but native is always better. But if someone is going to port something to 3DS android would be better bet becouse of already large library of games and touch/tilt controls and being designed to use on handheld devices and if you didn't know android is basically linux...

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i know that. This save ditor should be able to make a decent exploit. with a litle work we can custom code running.

also: I didnt ment to say im going to actully pirate rom. Im not. I just want custom code. Ill buy my game and even pokemon X Y is coming soon, which is a definitive buy.. many of my bud are going to get it and we all want to fight online. hehe! going to be good times!

no rom drag n drop or something like that.

Reactions: Metoroid0

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i know that. This save ditor should be able to make a decent exploit. with a litle work we can custom code running.

also: I didnt ment to say im going to actully pirate rom. Im not. I just want custom code. Ill buy my game and even pokemon X Y is coming soon, which is a definitive buy.. many of my bud are going to get it and we all want to fight online. hehe! going to be good times!

no rom drag n drop or something like that.

Yeah, you sure sound real convincing right about now.
To be honest I'm annoyed with this save editor. If the online for Animal Crossing gets ruined once again I'll scream in pain.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah. Like I said when we actually see triple-A games on Linux then most likely they'll get pirated as much as Windows versions when people don't feel like supporting linux anymore. It's just easier to download free OS instead of pirating one. And some of those free softwares are ported for Windows which includes Gimp.
I know that feeling as I was amazed by linux years back but when it comes to expensive games and gamers who like to pirate then... well yeah.

I really have no idea what your point is. But considering Windows comes pre bundled with almost any PC, the cost of the OS is not a factor. It's a lot MORE hassle to download an install a free OS than it is to just turn on your computer and use the one it came with.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are saying that its better if android get ported to the 3DS instead of linux? I have read the 3DS hardware specs on 3dsbrew and I believe its powerful to run android. I have faith in this new save editor that poped up on amazon. I havent been able to discover its price. Anyone know more details of thishack/saveeditor tool?
Hope its not just a save backup.
android_ported_to_linux.png

Reactions: Syphurith

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I believe he meant android instead of linux. Though AFAIK android is also based on linux, so one getting ported to 3DS could mean the other one can also be ported rather easily.

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why use an android port on 3ds ? the touch screen is small and all the 3d features will be lost. Homebrews on 3ds will be much cooler in the 3ds firmware, like emulators with 3d layers, like those nes games on VC.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why use an android port on 3ds ? the touch screen is small and all the 3d features will be lost. Homebrews on 3ds will be much cooler in the 3ds firmware, like emulators with 3d layers, like those nes games on VC.

I know what you mean but staying for good with the same OS will only increase piracy. However with linux(ubuntu) or some other OS opensource it will open doors to already programed homebrews.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I know what you mean but staying for good with the same OS will only increase piracy. However with linux(ubuntu) or some other OS opensource it will open doors to already programed homebrews.
To port Linux based OS to system means system needs to be hacked ergo 3DS itself should then be hacked and it's better to just make native homebrew to it. I do understand you have good intentions behind your reasoning but when system is hacked it's then hacked and there will be piracy. It's just better to hope Nintendo and Sony makes it waaay easier to get indie/homebrew stuff to their systems like it's on Android and iOS right now so people wouldn't need to hack their system to get hold of their hardware.

And I think 3DSGuy either has poor english and don't know what "instead of" means or he meant that Android is Linux.

This has gone waaaaaayyy offtopic has it not?

Reactions: RandomDSdevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv