Take that Nintendo! R4 all the way!
tongue.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It would be a miracle if one of the pro flashcart companies created a firmware on their DSi carts to enable them to play 3DS games.

We could just dream
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if anyone has asked this yet or not, but; Nintendo said that the 3DS could use the slider in place of the d-pad in DS games. Does that work here? (I don't see why not seeing as it is in "legit" DS mode, just running not so legit code once there).

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried the Cooking Coach or Classic Word Games exploits on a 3DS? Or the Cyclo DSi?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Dunno if anyone has asked this yet or not, but; Nintendo said that the 3DS could use the slider in place of the d-pad in DS games. Does that work here? (I don't see why not seeing as it is in "legit" DS mode, just running not so legit code once there).

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried the Cooking Coach or Classic Word Games exploits on a 3DS? Or the Cyclo DSi?
Those exploits, to my knowledge, only work on a EU or US DSi system.
And right now, people only have access to JP systems.

Well, except for SOME EU systems around GAME stores in the UK.

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe someone here knows the answer. I haven't read anywhere if the 3DS supports Single Cart Multi Play like the DS does. Does anyone know if the 3DS can for 3DS games?

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the thing that is strange is that Nintendo knows about R4 and stuff they talk about it in one of their site and them the first ds mode card to work is a R4 is so strange

COOL.jpg

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
RupeeClock said:
SifJar said:

Wow, the JP sets have better AP?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Well I just gave up on a bright future for the 3DS.
I can't see any possible way this system won't have a bright future, hacks or no hacks.
I agree with you. From my standpoint, this will IMPROVE 3DS sales. People can play free DS games on their new shiny handheld, but they still have to buy new 3DS games.

If this stays like this, I may support piracy on the 3DS after all.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
bowser said:
Antoligy said:
Is it me, or are people really not getting that this is only a DSmode hack?
I feel you man.

Mini FAQ:
1) Can my flashcart run DS games on my 3DS?
Yes
2) Can any current flashcart run DS games on my 3DS?
As of now, it looks like only any reflashable flashcart that works on the DSi will be able to. The R4 DS team have confirmed their card works on the 3DS in DS mode and other teams are sure to follow suit.
3) Can my flashcart run DSi games on my 3DS?
That remains to be seen.
4) Can my flashcart run 3DS games on my 3DS?
This is the real challenge. 3DS games haven't even been dumped yet. And this probably won't happen for a long time. And it will most probably require a new generation of flashcarts. But don't quote me on that!
tongue.gif

This. I'm pretty sure this IS NOT the real R4DS team.. since they disbanded a long time ago.
Feel free to correct me though.

I don't have any plans on buying a 3DS ANYtime soon. they will be HELL too expensive when (if they even) get here.
My DS lite was ridiculously expensive in the first place ;-;
I was hoping that the 3DS would last ''unhacked'' for some time. (if possible as much time as the PS3) I only hope that if 3DS mode is indeed hacked. there isn't as much shovelware as in the current DS.

True that I am a pirate, but I want to see this one have a chance. NGP on the other hand..
rolleyes.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I came to this thread, I thought: OMG WTF BBQ 3DS with DS2 finally managed!

Then, untill my suprise, it was A R4 CLONE
wtf.gif
ohmy.gif
. What. The. Hell. So I checked the vid, the menu, compare to other vids of real 3ds game reviews... it's quite disturbing to see that a clone could do the job, but the newer ones not.
rofl.gif

Still, this method WILL be blocked in less then a month I guess.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slyakin said:
If only more people realized:

This is a DS Mode hack, not a 3DS Mode hack!

Nobody said it was a 3DS mode. The point of this video is to show that regular DS flashcards are assumed to be working on a 3DS, to run regular ds games.

If the time comes for 3DS games, many months will have passed since this topic, and I guess this method will be banned from 3DS already, through updates.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
SifJar said:

Ah yes of course. Makes sense.

And usually in GAME store, the cart slot is covered by the stand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8