Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question : with your hack, smealum, can we put japanese or european firmware on an american 3ds ?

While we can't technically replace firmware (well, we probably can but that'll be far down the road), we can fairly simply remove region checks, yes.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Moroccan, Algerian.... we all know that East African Republic of Wadiya is the best.

for real, you both need to chillax the fuck out.

Reactions: Deleted_171835

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

So I was wondering, since a system transfer between the 3DS requires both 3DS to be on the latest firmware. I was wondering if I could do a system transfer from a 6.3 3DS to a 4.5 3DSXL (using redNand at 6.3)?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering Japan has so many awesome special editions of the 3DS XL/LL, it would be useful.

I was hoping to not have to replace US with Japan firmware per se, but to be able to spoof the a US 3ds into thinking it's a japan 3ds. So the japan eshop could be accessed, and japanese eshop exclusive games could be purchased and played on a US 3ds.

.....can this be done with Smealums work and/or a card like Gateway? (or we're limited to game region spoofing only?)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was hoping to not have to replace US with Japan firmware per se, but to be able to spoof the a US 3ds into thinking it's a japan 3ds. So the japan eshop could be accessed, and japanese eshop exclusive games could be purchased and played on a US 3ds.

.....can this be done with Smealums work and/or a card like Gateway? (or we're limited to game region spoofing only?)
The emuNAND uses a backup of your regular NAND to work, so I'm guessing you can only access the same eShop as you would have been able to without modding.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I for one would be MORE than happy with a Region free hack, just for MH4.

Yeah, region free will definitely reduce piracy. Even though it might not be much but it will still reduce it.

The ability to source 3ds games from any country will just result in overall increased sales for nintendo.

Reactions: benbop1992

fatcat1413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt he'll release his CFW anytime in the future >.> He could surprise us on Christmas or something with maybe a beta version of his CFW or the full version depending how you launch it (If you'll need a flashcard or a specific game to do the exploit in order to launch the CFW that is).

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Someone can explain this:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/410435653864669184

Is supposed the Smealum´s CFW works on 7.0?

This basically means penises over miiverse.

32cv_zps3cf84c42.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff