Hardware 3DS colours available from launch,

kicknhorse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could not find anything really with the search function, but it appears, as I noticed on a little look around at prices on other items, 3 colours for the 3DS will be available from launch.

I guess one could say that this is semi-confirmed.

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/6-/GenreBrows...string=Consoles (the 3 at the bottom of the page).

kicknhorse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IchigoK2031 said:
There are also a purple and orange, which were shown at E3 in a display case.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/e3-2010-nin...-shots/#3082663

Yes, I realise that, but if you look back at all previous E3 conferences there are always colours which never make it to market. Remember the green, purple, red Wii's, et cetera?

Therefore we cannot be sure we will get orange or purple - although it would be nice - but these 3 we can be more sure of.

kicknhorse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
These look pretty nice, I'll probably get some sort of black one when they come out. Also I haven't spotted a white one yet.
That's what I was thinking - and suprised about. I thought white was Nintendo's Colour now and was very suprised not to see one (as I was not to see a white DSi XL)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe white just not the thing anymore, so even the wii 3D will be black.
tongue.gif

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't think white is an appropriate color for a handheld. Gets dirty too easily, scratches and all are too visible. Wasn't it the case with the DS Light?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps instead of white, there will be a silver 3DS. I don't think that white would fit in with the metallic colours that they have so far. Even black looks metallic.

I am hoping for the Orange one to be released. Orange is my favourite colour.

Also, what about the event 3DS designs? There are sure to be some eventually.

kicknhorse

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibis_87 said:
I don't think white is an appropriate color for a handheld. Gets dirty too easily, scratches and all are too visible. Wasn't it the case with the DS Light?

I never had any problems with my white DS Lite, I had it for a very long time and carried it around all the time without a case, and there was never really any visual damage to the casing. It was really quite good.

D

Deleted-247497

im getting black because i think the different colors on top and bottom look funny

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that the purple will be available at launch. If not, I will pick one of the released colors and trade it in as soon the purple is released.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ibis_87 said:
Maybe the white DS Lite has problems with getting dirty easily, but I haven't experienced any problems with my white DSi. Neither have I heard any of my friends that have a white PSP complain about it.

AgentBEATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't it said that none of the colours shown were the official colours? Either way I hope to actually see the Red one in production from day one. Otherwise I'll just get the black one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, i made another review, wanna see it?