3DS bricked

Paoluxio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I bought this old 3ds for 15 euros, It has this particular blue screen of death, is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-12 at 19.44.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-12 at 19.44.48.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 38

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is none of the error codes known to be software related.

I suggest you open the console and have a look at the motherboard. Seek for obvious damage and previous hardmod attempts.

You can try ntrboot into GodMode9 to see if the NAND is even detected and readable – my guess is that the NAND chip is either defective or can't be properly reached. Repairing this, if even possible, requires expert knowledge.

If the rest of the device is good, 15 Euros is not a bad deal looking at the sometimes insane prices for 3DS consoles. You could swap in a working motherboard. Be warned that the many ribbon cables can be damaged easily and inserting them without damage isn't 100% easy (but doable for sure; just take your time)

Paoluxio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is none of the error codes known to be software related.

I suggest you open the console and have a look at the motherboard. Seek for obvious damage and previous hardmod attempts.

You can try ntrboot into GodMode9 to see if the NAND is even detected and readable – my guess is that the NAND chip is either defective or can't be properly reached. Repairing this, if even possible, requires expert knowledge.

If the rest of the device is good, 15 Euros is not a bad deal looking at the sometimes insane prices for 3DS consoles. You could swap in a working motherboard. Be warned that the many ribbon cables can be damaged easily and inserting them without damage isn't 100% easy (but doable for sure; just take your time)
I saw a guy on yt using a flash cart with nrtboot with the exact same code with the exact same console and it worked.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I saw a guy on yt using a flash cart with nrtboot with the exact same code with the exact same console and it worked.
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about your exact error code.
Only a few of them are known / described here → https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Bootrom#Error_Codes

It does no harm trying ntrboot. If it is software related (re)installing B9S should fix it. Maybe CTRTransfer Type D9.
Could you link to the video?

Reactions: CoolMe

Paoluxio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about your exact error code.
Only a few of them are known / described here →

It does no harm trying ntrboot. If it is software related (re)installing B9S should fix it. Maybe CTRTransfer Type D9.
Could you link to the video?
I can't because of restrictions. it's a video called "How to unbrick any 3ds", it has the same 3ds as me and also the same error, I don't have an original r4 that supports ntrboot.

Paoluxio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There isn't much you can do if you don't want to try a ntrboot cartridge.
I mean I have an cloned R4 but I can maybe get an old one from my cousin wich has one of the first R4 with wood kernel
Post automatically merged:

There isn't much you can do if you don't want to try a ntrboot cartridge.
or maybe a R4 from my other cousin which is from 5 years ago

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't because of restrictions. it's a video called "How to unbrick any 3ds", it has the same 3ds as me and also the same error, I don't have an original r4 that supports ntrboot.
The only video on YouTube I found with this title shows a 3DS in a bootrom error bluescreen. But it is the creepy encounter of the blurred kind – means: I can't read the error code (and the code on the thumbnail is not the same as yours).

I can only repeat myself at this point:
  • Examine the motherboard for obvious signs of damage and/or (bad?) soldering attempts.
  • ntrboot into GodMode9 and see if you can access the NAND → This is what Nintendo probably would have done in official repair with their official ntrboot cart.

Paoluxio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only video on YouTube I found with this title shows a 3DS in a bootrom error bluescreen. But it is the creepy encounter of the blurred kind – means: I can't read the error code (and the code on the thumbnail is not the same as yours).

• Examine the motherboard for obvious signs of damage and/or (bad?) soldering attempts.
  • ntrboot into GodMode9 and see if you can access the NAND → This is what Nintendo probably would have done in official repair with their official ntrboot cart.
I mean I'll try with the ntrboot first

can I use ntrboot on this cart?

I also have this one

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 20.24.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 20.24.55.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 21.34.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-14 at 21.34.07.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by Paoluxio,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat