Hacking 3DS Bricked with Gateway Launcher 2.0b1...

pancho-mazorca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i know this is getting odd, but it seems that GW Launcher 2.0b1 can ALSO break your console, a case just appeared from a user from the spanish forum elotrolado.net, the CRC has been checked to be sure...and its from the beta 2.0b1 no doubt about that.
What the hell is going on ? I just went back to 1.2 just in case... beware guys.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems to be hearsay from what I can gather from it
seems this guys friend bricked from what he is saying is 2.0b1

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Google translation:

Friends!!
something to worry about a friend called me telling me to change to Saturday b1 for fear of a brick ... bricked your console today brought me and I told him that maybe was wrong of launcher ... I check the crc and b1 is the all right!!

how is it possible not supposed to b1 had no malicious code ... or there will be some trace???

then put the pictures and details launcher but according to me everything is correct

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"This guy's friend..."

Ehh. Many of the same reliable sources that told us that bricking code exists in 2.0b2 have told us that it isn't in b1. There's no way to verify this story, or the circumstances which might have caused it (we already know messing with data management in emuNAND can lead to bricks, but not because of any bricking code).

Reactions: enarky

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the guy switched from 2.0b2, to 2.0b1, and it blue-screened somewhere in the middle?

I dunno, 2.0b1 is really buggy though... I'm still using 1.2, so maybe that's the safest firmware to stay on.

Reactions: gamefan5

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
"This guy's friend..."

Ehh. Many of the same reliable sources that told us that bricking code exists in 2.0b2 have told us that it isn't in b1. There's no way to verify this story, or the circumstances which might have caused it (we already know messing with data management in emuNAND can lead to bricks, but not because of any bricking code).
Quoting just because some people might have over read that bit.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
How difficult is it to revert to 2.0b1 after the 3ds bricked?

People have reported that the brick isn't apparent until the 3DS is switched off and back on again. So, perhaps it went something like this:

Launches with 2.0b2 -> friend advises downgrade to 2.0b1 -> user downgrades but doesn't power off -> uses 2.0b1 for a while -> power cycle later shows the brick from 2.0b2

Reactions: kirillov

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe there is brick code in 2.0b1 too? No idea. We look into it. I thought there is no brick-code in beta 1, but it seems there is.

€:
Which error code do he get? Is it the eMMC f*** error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill