Gaming 3DS ambassador games out in NA (For some people)

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
spinal_cord said:
So... how do they play? Is the screen stretched good? blurry? pixely? any display options?
by looking at the screenshots... I can tell that it plays like a normal Virtual Console Game. It has black bars on the sides.

Hax Mega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a few minutes and I'll upload some gameplay pictures and edit them into this post.
IMG_20110831_055637.jpg

IMG_20110831_055152.jpg

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
wait when do i get the gba games again? i thought i got the with these games?...
and hmm i am playing smb right now, the screen is stretched vertically to match the height of the screen, and the aspect ratio is the same as the original.
i saw on some thread that there are some buttons you can hold down or something to make it look 'old school gameboy' and get a border around the game screen too, i forget what buttons though...
any other questions i should answer?

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
heartgold said:
Puregamer said:
spinal_cord said:
So... how do they play? Is the screen stretched good? blurry? pixely? any display options?

its like an exact rip of the nes game, and the graphics are fine.
Does it look better than on the DS?

Not really, it has that slight smooth finish that you can see on some nds games played on the 3DS as well. I find it ugly, but some people think it looks better. Its barely noticable and the game looks fine.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
joshuatm said:
wait when do i get the gba games again? i thought i got the with these games?...
and hmm i am playing smb right now, the screen is stretched vertically to match the height of the screen, and the aspect ratio is the same as the original.
i saw on some thread that there are some buttons you can hold down or something to make it look 'old school gameboy' and get a border around the game screen too, i forget what buttons though...

GBA games come later in the year, we don't get them all at once.

Got mine too
tongue.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
joshuatm said:
The button holding trick is not available on these NES ones until the real VC ones come out for the public to pay for- these are basic emulations with no whistles and bells.
We have to re-redownload them later to get all features!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Weaselpipe said:
The button holding trick is not available on these NES ones until the real VC ones come out for the public to pay for- these are basic emulations with no whistles and bells.
ah but we still get them for free right?
smile.gif

thanks for answering my questions people
smile.gif

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
I don't know why but I feel like not opening the gifts.
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

joshuatm said:
Weaselpipe said:
smile.gif

smile.gif
It is free.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
joshuatm said:
Weaselpipe said:
smile.gif

smile.gif
Yep, all free to re-redownload. We don't get the savepoint feature on the GBA ones, just a WiiVC style 'close it and it saves' jobby. Not that this is relevant to this post, as we probably won't get those until December 31st

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
spinal_cord said:
chris888222 said:
Got em'

Enjoying them now. Although I must say controlling with the analog is more difficult

So don't?
Yup I'm using the D-pad

For the later GBA games though... Analog!
I find even DS games a little awkward on the circle pad- Mario 64DS, GTA Chinatown wars and Pokemon White are all hideous without D-control!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol