Homebrew 3DNES - NES Emulator

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nes virtual console games are in the make; just wanted to put this out here for gateway users. There is a website where nes games are in .cia format (I also have earthbound zero in .cia that is why I quoted this post). They run amazing and the guy who makes them is very welcoming.

I just always seem to forget that some people use ninjahax so they have no option but to use the emulator. Thanks for that st4ark.

where is this website ,because when i go to the usual eye esso site i can fund a really small selection , and i know that there are more than what is offered there
because people are talking about making them but not posting them, and i also i have seen youtube video of certain games not posted there ,that i cant seem to find

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where is this website ,because when i go to the usual eye esso site i can fund a really small selection , and i know that there are more than what is offered there
because people are talking about making them but not posting them, and i also i have seen youtube video of certain games not posted there ,that i cant seem to find
I highly doubt they are just gonna link you to a ROM site...

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried it with both and hardly noticed any difference between them apart from a little jerkiness with it enabled.

One thing, not sure if this is an issue with the Ninjhax version, Mother or what, but I saved my game and when I went to load it, it wasn't there...

Final Fantasy II crashes the 3DS, but I and III are playable. VSYNC disabled.

Crystalis is playable but has some minor layer issues (instead of walking behind a wall, you just walk on it.) VSYNC disabled.

Rockman 3 and 5 Endless hacks work as well. VSYNC disabled. Little slow down but nothing that ruins the experience.

Ys has quite a few graphical issues, making it mostly unplayable. (The HUD for the HP and stuff doesn't display properly, graphics just appearing when they shouldn't. Can't read dialogue from NPC's.) Ys II is slightly more playable but still suffers from a few graphical hiccups. VSYNC disabled

Strider is also playable, a little slow but again, nothing that should really stop ya from playing the game.

Shinobi crashes the 3DS.
-----------------------------------------
I like it so far man! Can't wait for version 2.0!

Thank you for all reports =D

About the SRAM save is because i disabled it in this revision, but it will work fine on the new revsion, and thank you for te games with which didn't worked i need check if there is mapper support or buggs on Mappers/CPU, Mega man 3 and 5 use MMC3 if i am not mistaken, games with this mappers really run slow -.-

MrElephant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldnt seem to get it to work. I was trying to play genghis kahn on the nes emulator. It has an exclamation mark in the name though, so could that possibly throw things off. Also could someone tell me how the file structure of the sd card is supposed to be set up? In the root of the sd card are you supposed to put the roms and saves folder, or are you supposed to put them inside the 3ds folder. Also the only thing you have to put on the sd card besides the roms is the .3dsx file right? Thanks for the help.

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I couldnt seem to get it to work. I was trying to play genghis kahn on the nes emulator. It has an exclamation mark in the name though, so could that possibly throw things off. Also could someone tell me how the file structure of the sd card is supposed to be set up? In the root of the sd card are you supposed to put the roms and saves folder, or are you supposed to put them inside the 3ds folder. Also the only thing you have to put on the sd card besides the roms is the .3dsx file right? Thanks for the help.

in the root of SD Card you will create the 3DNES folder, in the 3DNES folder you create ROMS and SAVES.

Just remember, check the mapper of the game, some games won't work because the mapper wasn't implemented yet.

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Will this have some sort of controls for duck hunt?

I will implement it but is not my focus now, and there is some games which work great like Mega Man 1, 2, Super Mario Bros 1,2,3, you can check the mappers and try some games =)

Anyway, i did good progress with opcodes, i am finishing just need some to finish the CPU and i will start the debugger and check what is wrong and see if it give me improves on speed.

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like great news! will test some roms and romhacks when you'll release the new build :)

Sure, can you list some games to me test after finish it ? i believe which today i finish the CPU opcodes and start testing it =), i hope it can give me a speed bost but if some games continue slow, i will need implement the GPU Support urg, i don't know nothing about GPU but it should give us fullspeed or more than it.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Sure, can you list some games to me test after finish it ? i believe which today i finish the CPU opcodes and start testing it =), i hope it can give me a speed bost but if some games continue slow, i will need implement the GPU Support urg, i don't know nothing about GPU but it should give us fullspeed or more than it.

I'll mainly test those roms i sent you the other day, and will probably add some more games which I've played as a kid :P like B-Wings and Castelian....maybe Contra Force too.

Also just wondering...is there a chance you'll add a background function like BlargSnes has? not a must but always nice to add some cosmetics :)

Reactions: 1 person

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll mainly test those roms i sent you the other day, and will probably add some more games which I've played as a kid :P like B-Wings and Castelian....maybe Contra Force too.

Also just wondering...is there a chance you'll add a background function like BlargSnes has? not a must but always nice to add some cosmetics :)

Thank you =D,i forgot about the PM, i will add it later ^_^

could porting nesds be a good thing in current 3dnes? it has an excellent cpucore, most mappers supported, excellent sound and fullspeed on the tiny ds :)

Well i don't wanna port other emulator, for first 3DNES was a lameNES port but now everything was done by me and gdkchan =P.(i never checked the code of nesDS, maybe this can help me, this probably is written in ASM, right ?)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you =D,i forgot about the PM, i will add it later ^_^

Well i don't wanna port other emulator, for first 3DNES was a lameNES port but now everything was done by me and gdkchan =P.(i never checked the code of nesDS, maybe this can help me, this probably is written in ASM, right ?)

A bit of it if i'm not wrong. It is also optimized for arm :P

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...